ūüď° HIGHER POWER MUSIC VIDEO OUT JUNE 8 ūüď°

Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021

Tbh I think I will love this new single and the new album even if it follows Higher Power direction. Right now charts are full of catchy songs and I like a bunch of them, I mean, they put you in a good mood and make you sing out loud. Being that the case why not enjoying those kind of songs but from my favorite band! Maybe it won't be a musical 'master piece' but for sure I will freaking enjoy singing it in the car!

And I still have old Coldplay songs for those 'Oldplay' days¬†ūü§©

• Like 8
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LEAK  

this song is literally a career high, after 23 YEARS no one gets to complain about this album anymore for me, NO ONE, i'll protect it with my whole existence¬†ūüĒ™

Maybe if Jay starts wearing that shirt more often, I'll start calling it The Buckland Symbol and drawing it all over everything. Or the Buck Signal maybe?   Legend has it, if you shine the B

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, eddmen said:

Tbh I think I will love this new single and the new album even if it follows Higher Power direction. Right now charts are full of catchy songs and I like a bunch of them, I mean, they put you in a good mood and make you sing out loud. Being that the case why not enjoying those kind of songs but from my favorite band! Maybe it won't be a musical 'master piece' but for sure I will freaking enjoy singing it in the car!

I love the way you think. You are an oldplayer at heart but also are accepting of the ‚Äúpop/newplay‚ÄĚ sounds. I have been a fan and member since 2004 and the Coldplay direction has been a rollercoaster ride. Once you learn to evolve with the band, you will enjoy anything our¬†band puts out. ¬†We need songs to dance and sing to right now... ¬†and this new album will hopefully deliver ūüôā

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, eddmen said:

I think maybe they've peaked with that "old" style and perhaps they know it as well. Like how coud you possibly top songs like Fix You or even Viva La Vida? They have to try new things and I'm onboard ūüėÉ

• Like 4
  • Love 4

I'd like to remind everyone that while discussion of leaks is allowed, you are not allowed share the links publicly.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, prco1994 said:

Wait... what is this you're sharing? Lol gives the impression it's the full song, are you just sharing snippets?

I'm not the uploader nor the creator.. we'll have to see when the timer ceases and it launches

Mini update: GMA covered Billy Eilish sexy photos for the music or entertainment segment so it's less likely we'll see them talking about Coldplay and American idol. I'll keep watch just to be sure.

• Love 3
Posted (edited)

In other news... Anyone wake up to see how the Gaga fans are accusing Coldplay of plagiarism? Gotta say it was nice to wake up to a good laugh! Anyone remind them MX came out way before Chromatica? lol... Also, they're under the impression Kaotica is the name of the album copying "Chromatica" when actually it seems to be one of the "spheres" from MOTS

Edited by prco1994
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, prco1994 said:

In other news... Anyone wake up to see how the Gaga fans are accusing Coldplay of plagiarism? Gotta say it was nice to wake up to a good laugh! Anyone remind them MX came out way before Chromatica? lol... Also, they're under the impression Kaotica is the name of the album copying "Chromatica" when actually it seems to be one of the "spheres" from MOTS

I'm very much out of the loop here but... are they saying it's plagiarism based on the fact that the two words ...rhyme? and both start with a K-sound? lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
Posted (edited)

I finally found the tiktok and reddit snippets and I've already got Higher Power stuck in my head. Yeah, I'm definitely gonna love this song. (after all, etiaw is one of my favorites <3)

edit: i totally was wrong about the lyrics leaked onto Genius. i thought they were fake, but can you really blame me for thinking that? also great job on the new themes, mods. love it!

Edited by hamblingreen
i stand corrected!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

I'm very much out of the loop here but... are they saying it's plagiarism based on the fact that the two words ...rhyme? and both start with a K-sound? lmao

Correct, also the use of "symbols" which MX did first might I add, as well as the "space and planet" theme

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

• Haha 5
  • Wow 2
8 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

And because they both end with ''tica''.

Just now, Doomotron said:

I do love it when the super-rich get angry at each other.

I mean... I could bet money that Gaga doesn't even know about this and Coldplay wouldn't be mad... More like I love it when a rabid fandom gets angry at another one that couldn't care less 

• Like 4

I hadn't even thought of the Chromatica comparison! Kind of a fun nod to Gaga if it becomes a bigger part of this era. I think the problem is that we know the album will likely be called "Music of the Spheres" not Kaotica. Ofc that won't stop people on Twitter from raging. 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, TealAppeal said:

GMA didn't talk about it. Oh well.

Least I found this new image from the American Idol episode.

20210503_085533.jpg

He looks like he's a 25 year old man trying to be hip with the kids in a skatepark in the 80s, but I think that's what he's going for.¬†ūüėā

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

He looks like he's a 25 year old man trying to be hip with the kids in a skatepark in the 80s, but I think that's what he's going for.¬†ūüėā

Same energy

images (3).jpeg

• Haha 14
Posted (edited)

About this Chromatica - Kaotica case. Tried to follow it a bit.

It's sometimes interesting to follow this side of the music fanaticism (or fanaticism in general), where things get toxic and hateful. It shows there is a lot of passion, which is good, but at the same time it shows people being overly obsessed with something to unhealthy amounts and it's sad, scary and immature.

Also it shows again, how easy it is to make a case of something on Internet with half truths or false information and people will believe it without giving it a doubt.

In this case these immature Gaga's fans are just doing some free promotion for Coldplay, so in my opinion reaction from Coldplay fans to these Gaga fans should be: "LOVE. Don't worry, you will be more mature someday."

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 2

I literally cannot get Higher Power out of my head, and that's just a 20 second snippet. This song is going to be absolutely huge.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, stephen said:

Really good thread explaining everything:

Really great thread thanks! Long story short: no wars needed, just believe in love

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm absolutely fascinated by the confidence going into Higher Power. It seems the record label is really wanting to push big marketing on this. I know that the band has a lot of say over the creative ideas, like Alien Radio and ultimately the art and vibe of the music, but clearly Warner Music Group/Parlaphone probably help schedule and fund performances like American Idol, Glastonbury, BRIT Awards etc. 

Compared to EL this feels like a lot of money is behind it and that execs are confident Higher Power will be a huge smash. Of course as a fan, i get nervous because I know I'll probably like it but critics love to lampoon Coldplay at every chance they get. I also wonder at what point with a new hit single by Coldplay just not vibe with the general public... Their last record-breaking song was SJLT, but we can largely attribute that to the Chainsmokers being a pretty big artist in 2017... which is partly why I wonder if Higher Power is gonna have a BTS remix dropping soon... Sorry for all the business talk, gang. I'm just interested on how these big money decisions are made. Ultimately I'm most excited about dancing to this song by myself.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, ciaA26 said:

I literally cannot get Higher Power out of my head, and that's just a 20 second snippet. This song is going to be absolutely huge.

Yeah I caved and decide to listen to the 25 second clip. I wanted to wait for the full songs release but my eagerness got the best of me.

Like the musical nods to 80s music however I'll have to let the clip rest in my noggin before I can form a strong opinion.

It has been great to post in the, rank-the-albums-the-ultimate-ranking-based-on-your-song-scores thread. Gave me a chance to know what aspects I'm not as fond of as well as elements I adore in Coldplay's songs. If you have the time I encourage y'all to partake. 

• stephen changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Higher Power Out Now!
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021