✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

• 2 weeks later...

^As the popular theory suggests!Β 

Before the Corona crisis I was feeling very optimistic about this theory, but just about every other artist has pushed back their releases and other than some random Insta posts from Guy and Chris saying "we have a new song" there haven't been any other clues.Β 

The hopeful part of will sayΒ FFTF is a single to be released tomorrow and the first taste of the new era! Will check back in 24hrs.Β 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I totally forgot about this MOTS thing, and the 4-2-20 theory... But as you guy say, the outbreak forced a lot of artists to leave their projects on hold until this ends.Β 

On the other hand, a digital release of a new hint/single could happen tomorrow... At least a hint, if the theory was correct.

Edited by MarckozZ

On 3/12/2020 at 4:11 PM, DJK said:

Great observation!

1335717311_ScreenShot2020-03-12at4_10_19PM.thumb.png.b24c40d7d9c19a81b89d5038538c4757.png

I am updating my observation/prediction as well..Β  ?Β  Β Mayyybe FFTF 2024 is the name of the first single and an introduction to the new era while May 11, 2020 is the actual release date of the single :)

Edited by sa_spurs_tx
error
  • Like 1
  • Wow 2

I feel like Music of The Spheres will be upbeat like AHFOD to offset some of the darker tones in Everyday Life, but alsoΒ have the X&Y meets Mylo Xyloto kind of sound.

But as we have all learnt for the past 8 times, a Coldplay album will always be completelyΒ different to anything they’ve previously released.Β 

• Like 5

^For sure. I think your prediction could totally be true, essentially going back towards a more colorful, upbeat formula. And if it is Music Of The Spheres and has a space theme, then definitely some ambient, dark, or synthy flavors would make most sense.Β 

But it's so crazy that each era can stand on its own. I don't know how they do it. Like AHFOD maybe felt the most derivative of earlier records? But even then AOAL andΒ HFTW are totally unique to that era. EL somehow ended up maintaining a pretty consistent feel despite all of its ideas/genres.Β 

So with LP9, there's no way we can predict the real sound... but who knows. At some point they have to run out of ideas haha

Β 

• Like 5

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, or if this is even true, but in the #TogetherAtHome stream, when Chris was asked to play U.F.O. (from Mylo Xyloto), he said he couldn't remember how, but there was another song called U.F.O that he couldn't play yet. If Music of the Spheres really does have a space theme, U.F.O. might be a candidate for a track, maybe?

• Like 3

^I'd hope so! If you look at the ASCAP Repertoire, there are two U.F.O.'s registered.Β 

Also -- wanted to toot my own horn and back up my prediction once more. Both Guy and Jonny have now released spotifyΒ playlists that are HEAVILY fileld with soul and retro 60's music. I seriously think MOTS is gonna be soul music driven, even if there is a space theme. I know that sound crazy, but I just have a feeling.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1

It could be an interesting mix, since we will most likely also hear more of that high-pitched Angelina voice. Retro space vibes maybe, as someone already suggested based on that MOTS billboard.

Generally I would welcome it if Coldplay were to look at the 60s for inspiration. The 60s were imho the best decade in music (before the best band of all time came along in 2000, of course ;))

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

52 minutes ago, Ryannnmx19 said:

Do you think they will hint at the album this year or do you think they will hold off due to the virusΒ 

Maybe... Did you see the LiveNation mail saying there's gonna be a Coldplay concert on Dec 31st, 2020? Maybe they'll wait til next year...

When Chris did that SNL performance, I almost freaked out because my eyes were tired and I thought the "flower" he was wearing on his suit was a patch of a planet!Β 

I was like "holy crap! a tease of the new era!" Then I wiped my eyes and was like "oh he's still dressed for the everyday life..."

• Like 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic