✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

3 hours ago, Alexa Beckett said:

Look, I don't think Coldplay will return to rock, I think it will be a Space Pop album, with several songs in the style of A Head Full of Dreams and Mylo Xyloto

Everyday Life has not been a success and Coldplay needs a success at the level of MX and AHFOD to remain relevant and obviously also due to pressure from their label they will return to Pop but with a spatial theme, and also Rock is practically dead and not sell as it does the Pop

Coldplay has no carrier worries anymore. So they are not afraid of their label. They are doing what they want to do. If they want to do pop it's okay. But it's not because of their label. Also you can get success without doing pop. A space themed alternative album can get success too. I think LP9 will be between space theme and MX and will have a little bit of old vibes too. But it will mostly be space themed.

• Like 1

I don't know if I really agree with the whole "rock is dead" ethos so many artists carry now. Chris has said that he feels everything's already been tried in rock, which still I don't think is true.Β 

Yes, rock is maybe "dead" in the sense it no longer charts on the Top 40, but as a rock listener there are still plenty of amazing, innovative bands out there right now. Also, importantly, you're seeing a resurgence of artists using old rock styles in pop music now. The 1975's new record is great and has some interesting rock-inspired tracks. Then there's Post Malone incorporating rock riffs and grooves into his music. I could go on...

What we're seeing now is artists become genre-less in the age of streaming. There will continue to be really good rock songs every year hit top 40,Β but they might be from non-rock bands or pop artists doing a one-off rock track. If there is ever a group that could pull of a rock song and make it sound classy and timeless, I think it is Coldplay. So I hope it's true.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2020 at 12:47 PM, Xyloband_99 said:

Coldplay has no carrier worries anymore. So they are not afraid of their label. They are doing what they want to do. If they want to do pop it's okay. But it's not because of their label. Also you can get success without doing pop. A space themed alternative album can get success too. I think LP9 will be between space theme and MX and will have a little bit of old vibes too. But it will mostly be space themed.

Β 

On 5/26/2020 at 9:03 AM, Alexa Beckett said:

Look, I don't think Coldplay will return to rock, I think it will be a Space Pop album, with several songs in the style of A Head Full of Dreams and Mylo Xyloto

Everyday Life has not been a success and Coldplay needs a success at the level of MX and AHFOD to remain relevant and obviously also due to pressure from their label they will return to Pop but with a spatial theme, and also Rock is practically dead and not sell as it does the Pop

I think you bothΒ wrong cuz I’m not, Coldplay has been returning rock since last year, and Coldplay is changing back to roots because they’re old, and that’s why the Music of the Spheres will be between space rock like X&Y and Modern rock (hard rock) for the first time because they’re changing if you are understanding of what I say about my theory.Β 

• Like 1

Haha guys, there's no need to say "this is gonna be like this or that", since we have a lot of time until the next album comes out and we don't know nothing about it but the mention of MOTS inΒ the booklet. We have theories, yes, but they're just theories in the end. Also, imma laugh out loud when MOTS comes out and it ends up being poppy as AHFOD XD

• Like 3

So the exciting news on the Discord is that the track "Rescue St." is basically confirmed. It was originally on the tracklist for Mylo Xyloto but Chris said in an interview it had an acapella bridge that sounded like crap so they cut it. Contextually that conversation was about experimenting with Brian Eno, so always good to hear of more tracks that have his influence!Β 

BUT NOW -- we've seen in an official Coldplay social media post an acoustic guitar labeled "Rescue St." implying that Chris was recently working on the song.Β 

Personally, I'm excited to hear anything that originated during the Viva/MX eras. So far, Arabesque and ALIENS have been some of their best newer material, so I'm optimistic. But also, acapella sounds potentially more pop-oriented, and some of the pop during the MX era wasn't my cup of tea... so we'll see.

• Like 7

On 5/26/2020 at 9:03 AM, Alexa Beckett said:

With all due respect, what you’re predicting about their future goes against their press for Everyday Life. They repeatedly said they did not care how well or poorly the album did. They’ve passed the days where they’re making music to β€˜please’ their label. This past era was not created in hopes of sparking a big success; it was purposefully tuned down to a polarizing, abstract degree.Β 
Β 

Coldplay is doing whatever they want now. I have no doubt in my mind they’re going to still accidentally make hits, but that’s much different from producing an entire album with pop in mind.Β 

• Wow 1

It's all good, should have included links but got wrapped up in work.Β 

Coldplay posted this photo to advertise Chris' last together at home show a few weeks back. If you look closely, you'll see the guitar has a song label "Rescue St."Β 

This week, I Ran Away has been doing amazing investigating into this and has a great Twitter page you can check out and follow for more info.Β 

Basically, I Ran Away found evidence in this interview and in images that Rescue St. is a song.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

So as it stands Theory A is that LP9 is called Music Of The Spheres, and essentially is MYLOXYLOTO2

What we expect to be on LP9 includes:

The Race - Space Pop-rock reminiscent of Lovers in Japan

U.F.O 2 - Not acoustic and possibly has potential for being a single based on how prominent it was in the MYLOXYLOTO artwork.Β 
Β 

Us Against The World - Silver Bird Version

And now.....

Rescue St - An acoustic song (based on acoustic guitar with song name and comment about scrapped acapella)

LP9 could also possibly contain....

Car Kids - Coldplay’s biggest secretΒ 

Macadamu - Guys Instagram Live TogetherathomeΒ request

and of course a lot of other new songs (it won’t be all reworked material I hope)

Basically,Β Music Of the Spheres = Galactic Pop Rock

Β 

Β 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, RaspberrySwing said:

Something I just noticed, I think Jonny has had a new song added to his ASCAP repertory. It's now at 235 songs, when it used to be 234 last week. I'm not sure what was added though. Does anyone have a list of the old songs?

Hey it was just Mark Ronson's GPASUYF version that was added. Nothing new.Β 

• Like 1

I lean on the side of doubting it's a direct sequel to MX... but I am intrigued that there's another UFO and Chris said they'd release an updated UATW at some point... The band has never officialy released a re-done track so it would be new territory for them.Β 

2021 is going to be the 10 year anniversary of the album, so maybe they do a reissue or something.

But concerning LP9 or Music of the Spheres, I think that will be its own thing and they could just be recycling some cutting room tracks.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 8:32 AM, ri3o said:

Hi guys, so it might have appeared here already, but the trademark Music of the spheres was submitted by Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will.

Β 

https://trademarks.justia.com/880/46/music-of-the-88046174.html

Β 

The more interesting thing is that it was actually refused and asked for reconsideratiom on december 23, 2019? After EL was released already.

Β 

If it was here already, sorry for double posting!

150D878B-2B10-4D0A-B12F-C925746CF65B.thumb.jpeg.ae012d7a9c5c977a944df659ac1ef285.jpeg

This (from a post earlier this year) was quite interesting!

No idea if someone already noticed it, but it looks like this year (about a monthΒ after the request for reconsideration was received) a suspension letter was written. Not sure what it actually means. I suppose it's better than a refusal!

Β 

MOTS.PNG.fa04d4bbd67222e9b9d6f7430051e814.PNG

Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gideon_Mx said:

This (from a post earlier this year) was quite interesting!

No idea if someone already noticed it, but it looks like this year (about a monthΒ after the request for reconsideration was received) a suspension letter was written. Not sure what it actually means. I suppose it's better than a refusal!

Β 

MOTS.PNG.fa04d4bbd67222e9b9d6f7430051e814.PNG

Β 

It would be such a bummer if this project gets delayed due to some kind of legal issue...

• Like 1

The new version of UATW that Chris is referring to (Silver Bird) has technically already been released. It's on Amazon Music as Us Against The World (Live in Leipzig) and was released as one of the "singles" for the Butterfly Package. So, I doubt it'll be a part of LP9. Even with him mentioning U.F.O. and Rescue St., I feel like the band comes back to earlier "demos" often, keeps certain parts, but changes most of it. For example, Violet Hill ("was a long and dark December") and Arabesque (Jonny's riff) were based off of earlier "demos", but the end product sounds much more attuned to the era they were released in. I'm sure we'll be very surprised, as always, with the sound they come up with for LP9.

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic