Jump to content
ūü™źCHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWS AND RUMOURS ON COLDPLAY'S UPCOMING ALBUMūü™ź

The Original U.F.O. Chris Mentioned (Great Expectations)


Recommended Posts

Guys, I have an interesting find on ASCAP.

Remember Chris once said there was another song called U.F.O. too?

It turns out to be Great Expectations, which is a song composed during the Mylo Xyloto Era.

Great Expectations.png

Edited by Admirice
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Admirice said:

Guys, I have an interesting find on ASCAP.

Remember Chris once said there was another song called U.F.O. too?

It turns out to be Great Expectations, which is a song composed during the Mylo Xyloto Era.

Great Expectations.png

Welcome to the forum ! That's interesting. I knew that song title but never reealized it was the same as the Original UFO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, I ran away said:

Welcome to the forum ! That's interesting. I knew that song title but never reealized it was the same as the Original UFO.

Well, same here.

The first time I knew this title was years ago , but today I got a bit of luck to find out the truth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Admirice said:

I suppose this song will be out in LP9, Music Of The Spheres.

I do think Great Expectations has been on ASCAP for many years now (since the MX era) so even if it is the Original UFO that's been unreleased, I'm not sure if that guarentees it will be on LP9. I find it curios that ALIENS and UFO come from the Eno Eras and that both have similarly weird lyrics. I wonder if MX originally was going to be a space story about ALIEN refugees that they were gonna animate? Eventually they almost did make a music film for the MX album with the Car Kids & Mylo & Xyloto and the villain Major Minus. 

i hope you're right tho that we end up seeing Original UFO come to fruition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

I do think Great Expectations has been on ASCAP for many years now (since the MX era) so even if it is the Original UFO that's been unreleased, I'm not sure if that guarentees it will be on LP9. I find it curios that ALIENS and UFO come from the Eno Eras and that both have similarly weird lyrics. I wonder if MX originally was going to be a space story about ALIEN refugees that they were gonna animate? Eventually they almost did make a music film for the MX album with the Car Kids & Mylo & Xyloto and the villain Major Minus. 

i hope you're right tho that we end up seeing Original UFO come to fruition. 

I do hope they will eventually release Car Kids, Hopefully.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Great Expectations is the alias for the U.F.O that was on Mylo Xyloto, I found that out a few years back. 'Original U.F.O' was registered later on but still before last year. 

 

Edited by driftaguy
Added link to other post
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


√ó
√ó
  • Create New...