🎉 WATCH COLDPLAY LIVE AT iHEART RADIO FESTIVAL 2020 🎉
ColdPlayLovas

Which deep emotional connection do you share with Coldplay?

Hello to all the beautiful people out there! 

I am new to this forum and I am still trying to figure out where to post my content. However, I am so curious about all your stories and emotions connected to Coldplay and therefore, I thought that I could just ask away. 

As I am someone who is able to process life experiences and events through music, Coldplay has been playing a massive part in processing changes and helping me to deal with certain events. 
So, I was very curious about how you guys found your ways to Coldplay and which studio album you guys have the most deep connection to.

I would love to read everything about it here! 🙂

• Like 2

There was period earlier in the year before all of the COVID lockdowns where a family member got really sick suddenly. I had a spotify playlist with Life in Technicolor ii (specifically the live version recorded in London near Christmas in 2008 that was on the single edition of LiTii) and idk... Something about it makes me remember that time. Perhaps it's the lyrics and themes of a war even though the instrumental is playful and "not depressing". Every time I hear it just makes me think about it so it's kinda hard to listen to it now. The person is okay now but it's hard to listen to that song without being sad sitting in a hospital room.

• Like 2

I have a close personal connection to most Coldplay songs and albums, but the album X&Y speaks to me the most because it just represents exactly my seemingly permanent outlook on life - caught between awe and melancholy, traying to make sense of it all.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, I ran away said:

I have a close personal connection to most Coldplay songs and albums, but the album X&Y speaks to me the most because it just represents exactly my seemingly permanent outlook on life - caught between awe and melancholy, traying to make sense of it all.

I think that I can totally agree with this point of view!! 

• Like 1

This isn't really about an emotional connection to a song but actually one from the band itself, specifically Will. Ever since I started to become a fan of the band, I couldn't help but notice the way Will plays with so much energy and power. Watching him playing drums made it seem so fun to me that I thought that maybe I should try it! Long story short, it was one of the best decisions I ever took in my life. It has brought me so much joy to me that goes beyond being just an hobby. It definitevely made quarantine easier to go through! So for that reason I would really like to meet Will (and the rest of the band while at it :braces:) and thank him for indirectly help me find something that gave new purpose to my life!

• Like 2