Jump to content
🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Coldplay and BTS "My Universe"


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Schultz91 said:

Lol this isn’t their best song but this is 100x better than HP. HP is their worst single of all time and one of their worst songs in general. 

I'm very curious what exactly is the thing that makes My Universe a hundred times better. The awful rap part? The outro that will be cut out by every single radio station? It doesn't even have their iconic last explosive chorus unlike Higher Power, ASFOS, SJLT, and other pop songs. My Universe is more repetitive than all of them and just doesn't go anywhere apart from that garbage rap part.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm hyped for this. BTS are one of the most fun and charismatic pop outfits in the world, a perfect fit for the sounds Coldplay love to show on their more joyous chart-pop tracks. Chorus has hit writt

Based on several interviews, it's pretty clear that Coldplay have been working with BTS on something. Not sure what it is, it seems highly confidential. It could either be part of the album or ma

Its so repititive. Coldplay unworthy. Higher Power is 10x better then this.

Posted Images

 

4 minutes ago, GarbageOffice said:

I'm very curious what exactly is the thing that makes My Universe a hundred times better. The awful rap part? The outro that will be cut out by every single radio station? It doesn't even have their iconic last explosive chorus unlike Higher Power, ASFOS, SJLT, and other pop songs. My Universe is more repetitive than all of them and just doesn't go anywhere apart from that garbage rap part.

The rap verse is a strong moment in the track, for sure - provides dynamics, the flow is as butter-smooth as BTS' rapping tends to be, and the way the three rappers harmonise with themselves is instantly catchy. There's a lot of reasons why this works better than Higher Power - more varied, more intense, the bridge is 100x better, Chris' vocals are more impassioned. Even the chorus hits better than Higher Power's did. Strong pop song, already showered in praise from popheads. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I see. Well, I'm glad people like the song and I'm thrilled about coldplay already getting a ton of publicity because of it. But I just don't hear it, to me it sounds tasteless. And to think that Coloratura was made by the same band and is in the same album. Ugh.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

GarbageOffice…I totally agree. I listened to it once and never need to listen to it again.  I may edit it out of the album when it comes out next month.  I get it that people that enjoy sickening sweet pop music may like this but it’s not what I want to hear from Coldplay.  If I want to hear Britney Spears or BTS, I’ll toss them on but if I wanna hear Coldplay, this isn’t what I’m looking for.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VivaLa42 said:

Considering the chorus sounds almost exactly like the one in What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction, yep...

Some of the Korean verses also sound like some of the rap parts from Kiss Me More.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick note. Universal did it again and the actual track you are listening on the streaming services (possibly on the album disc too) is a poor quality 128kbps mp3 file re-encoded to wav. This is garbage, Universal needs to pull their **** together, this watermarking and passing track masters of multiple lossy format encodes has gotten old.

Edited by nowayme
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, nowayme said:

Just a quick note. Universal did it again and the actual track you are listening on the streaming services (possibly on the album disc too) is a poor quality 128kbps mp3 file re-encoded to wav. This is garbage, Universal needs to pull their **** together, this watermarking and passing track masters of multiple lossy format encodes has gotten old.

Even the Qobuz 24 44.1 is also upscaled. That's a joke, hope the album version fixes this. 

  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, p.bintein said:

Is it me or the live version played of My Universe at the Appolo was full playback vocal?

i got that impression too, Chris vocals sounded too perfect

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, p.bintein said:

Is it me or the live version played of My Universe at the Appolo was full playback vocal?

Probably. The HP performances were also playback so that's standard with them these days.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

People tend to think Coldplay should belong to a single bucket of “sound”. This band is been around for 20 years… cmon 🙂

I actually want them to change things up more!After all, they've been stuck in collab mode for about 10 years already and a pop tune isn't much of a novelty from them. 😛  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know why Coldplay chose to do My Universe completely playback vocal? Is it because Chris can't hit the notes live anymore? I just feel like they're doing this more and more often in live performances.

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jphantom said:

Anyone know why Coldplay chose to do My Universe completely playback vocal? Is it because Chris can't hit the notes live anymore? I just feel like they're doing this more and more often in live performances.

Can you explain playback vocal? Does that mean he isn’t singing the song per se? Does he do that with all songs or just some?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jphantom said:

Anyone know why Coldplay chose to do My Universe completely playback vocal? Is it because Chris can't hit the notes live anymore? I just feel like they're doing this more and more often in live performances.

That also consider that on alot of venues believe it or not, people are not allowed to actually sing unmasked on a microphone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, X AND Y said:

Even the Qobuz 24 44.1 is also upscaled. That's a joke, hope the album version fixes this. 

Also, AFAIK, not even one of the supposed 24bit Coldplay releases is real. Also if memory serves right anything above 44KHz is fake too.

Edited by nowayme
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nowayme said:

Also, AFAIK, not even one of the supposed 24bit Coldplay releases is real. Also if memory serves right anything above 44KHz is fake too.

The older stuff is definitely real, I think the albums since AHFOD are partially upscaled but not from 128kbps like in this case. Higher Power and Coloratura are both fine and the funny thing is that actually the leak is better quality since it's 256kbps haha 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Boring, repetitive and just awful. Sorry to say, but don't think I will listen to it ever again. C'mon is this that band that released single like Yellow, The Scientist and Fix You back in the day? 

+ It will probably make them richer. 

And thank god for Coloratura

Sorry for The slaughter. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Is a good catchy pop song with the plus of having BTS in it will introduce Coldplay to a new generation which I think it's ok... Maybe this song had to be released three months ago to be a summer anthem but I won't complain as soon as we're closer to MOTS 😁

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Jordanator said:

Great song…this is 3 epic tunes they’ve released so far. All at least a 9/10 for me, Coloratura being a 10 for pure class. 
Music of the Spheres may just be their best album yet since Mylo Xyloto. 

IMO Everyday Life is their best since Viva, but Mylo is super underrated. Certainly my favorite of their albums in between Viva and EL. Who knows, this might surpass it in quality.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...