✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Track 12 - Coloratura | Music of the Spheres

Just posted on the main release thread but a bit of extra information about the track from a website where the vinyl is available for pre-order

"This is followed on Friday 23 July, by the release of the album closer Coloratura – not a “single”, but an epic, 10-minute+ piano-led anthem!"

Looking forward to that!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Here is the preview Coldplay mentioned, the "Overtura":

Unsure if y'all would like to see this however someone in the comments posted the track list with some unicode symbols.

Unsure if these tracks are official yet.. I don't have my Alien language cheat sheet on me at the moment.

20210720_090122.jpg

Edited by TealAppeal
Spelling
  • Love 1

I think I am the only one theorizing in the form of Coloratura, as it seems that it is not a planet at all (I thought it was a galaxy, but I think it really is a nebula), second, the duration of the song itself and that it is called precisely the same as where it comes from, and whatever song the album is and apparently, and Coloratura is far with respect to the other planets, so it also seems that it is an "entry" for the next volume if really MOTS is divided into 3 parts

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sammoga said:

I think I am the only one theorizing in the form of Coloratura, as it seems that it is not a planet at all (I thought it was a galaxy, but I think it really is a nebula), second, the duration of the song itself and that it is called precisely the same as where it comes from, and whatever song the album is and apparently, and Coloratura is far with respect to the other planets, so it also seems that it is an "entry" for the next volume if really MOTS is divided into 3 parts

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well. Why not put the entire galaxy/nebula (or whatever it's supposed to be) on the artwork? It seems like it could be some kind of bridge for what's coming next, maybe?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

To me, the length of this track along with the very nature of a nebula suggests a song that will shift and transform across its running time. We could be talking a mixture of styles. If not, then at the very least a build up of different textures and sounds that crescendo into a cohesive whole. 

• Like 1

Now I was thinking, what will happen to the Coloratura video? If it is 10 minutes, will they cut half? Will it be one of those simple ones that in the end will not have a specific video? Will it also come out in physical format like HP? or is it going to come out with a different cover with its respective language or are it going to come out with the album cover? And it is also very risky to release a 10-minute single, knowing that currently rare songs are the ones that spend 3 or 4 minutes. An example of the video vs. song is with Up & up the song lasts 6 minutes and the video lasts 4, or that Arabesque had no video but Cry cry cry did 

Edited by Sammoga

1 hour ago, Sammoga said:

Now I was thinking, what will happen to the Coloratura video? If it is 10 minutes, will they cut half? Will it be one of those simple ones that in the end will not have a specific video? Will it also come out in physical format like HP? or is it going to come out with a different cover with its respective language or are it going to come out with the album cover? And it is also very risky to release a 10-minute single, knowing that currently rare songs are the ones that spend 3 or 4 minutes. An example of the video vs. song is with Up & up the song lasts 6 minutes and the video lasts 4, or that Arabesque had no video but Cry cry cry did 

It's not a single, it's just an album track that they're releasing - so (likely) no video and no risk. Next single is My Universe in September.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Yes? said:

It's not a single, it's just an album track that they're releasing - so (likely) no video and no risk. Next single is My Universe in September.

So they are only going to release 2 singles themselves?, and in that case Coloratura would be a single "promotional" so to speak

Edited by Sammoga
  • Like 1

Just now, Sammoga said:

So they are only going to release 2 singles themselves?, and in that case Coloratura would be a single "promotional" so to speak

No, there'll probably be more singles after My Universe.

• Like 2

• stephen changed the title to Track 12 - Coloratura | Music of the Spheres
  • stephen pinned, unpinned and featured this topic