✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Track 03 - Humankind | Music of the Spheres

Coeurli

Here's a thread dedicated to the 3rd track on Coldplay's upcoming album MOTS: Humankind  Track length : 04:26

1. ? - Music Of The Spheres I

2. Higher Power

3. Humankind

4.  - Alien Choir

5. Let Somebody Go

6. ❤️ - Human Heart

7. People Of The Pride

8. Biutyful

9. ? - Music Of The Spheres II

10. My Universe

11. ♾️ - Infinity Sign

12. Coloratura

Discuss :awesome: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Chris has said in interviews that it's his favourite song because they wrote it with concerts in mind and he's really excited to play it on tour. :awesome: HYPED!

I think the lyrics are kind of pointless here and the instrumental is absolute fire. Really like the "how we're desiiiignneed" bit as well!

Overall I really liked it on first listen but it hasn't stuck with me yet the other others have. This is DEFINITELY like AHFOD title track for me : a good studio song but mostly made for concerts. Once I get to experience the tour, I will probably end up with a strong attachment to it (like i now feel for AHFOD). Can't wait! :dance: 

• Like 1

• stephen changed the title to Track 03 - Humankind | Music of the Spheres
  • stephen pinned this topic
  • stephen unpinned and featured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Following my thoughts that neither the album nor the tour has a great intro song, I believe this should be it. It's almost perfectly designed for stadium and I believe it would work great to start a concert, given the songs we have available in MOTS.

Now, as almost everyone says I agree that it has a very strong "Don't Let It Break Your Heart" energy, mixed with a little "Thing That I Don't Understand". I really enjoy this track!

• Like 1

This song was one of my favorites songs of the album (with Higher Power, Infinity Sign and Coloratura). A solid and incredible track with a incredible chorus and a incredible lyrics and positive message about human. The group used the planet metaphor to descrived the kindness of a human. Definitly a true-self about the human gentle in general and more deep then in surface. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'm having a hard time identifying who's doing the backing vocals to that specific part of the song, listen to the isolated vocals here:
https://mega.nz/file/JXAViJbK#mQ9HWrA3tp93WRH6LJy5OH-ie3ILgorHeYWhCg18MHI
At first I'm like "Will" but it doesn't sound like the rest of the vocals he does for the track where I have no doubt it's him. Then it sounds kinda like Jonny, kinda not, kinda like Guy, kinda not. I'm confused!

Also for anybody that might have not noticed, Angel Moon is also featured on that track. She's on the "I know, I know, I know" part together with the rest backing vocals.

On 9/2/2022 at 2:56 PM, nowayme said:

I'm having a hard time identifying who's doing the backing vocals to that specific part of the song, listen to the isolated vocals here:
https://mega.nz/file/JXAViJbK#mQ9HWrA3tp93WRH6LJy5OH-ie3ILgorHeYWhCg18MHI
At first I'm like "Will" but it doesn't sound like the rest of the vocals he does for the track where I have no doubt it's him. Then it sounds kinda like Jonny, kinda not, kinda like Guy, kinda not. I'm confused!

Also for anybody that might have not noticed, Angel Moon is also featured on that track. She's on the "I know, I know, I know" part together with the rest backing vocals.

I posted this exact file all the way back in October 2021 on the discord (renamed from whatever garbage i named it back then, probs like "hkvocaltest5" or something to that effect); I can send you the entire thing if you'd like, it is just the rear channels from the Atmos mix.

it's either Chris or Will's vocal run through a vocoder, a vocal effect that changes the formants in a recording and is often used to provide backing vocals from a single recording. To my ear it definitely sounds like Will but ig thats up to debate.

Edited by GamingForeverAUS