🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

People Of The Pride - Track 7 on MOTS vol1

Long time ago I really loved a song of Coldplay at first impression (ex. Arabesque and Coloratura maybe). This is really stunning and my dreams come true now this Viva-demo finally makes its birth. I love the way how they performed this track, so convincing and dedicated. But what I admire the most, is that they don't seem to be afraid to strive again for hard-rock. It reminds me of AROBTTH, X&Y and Viva at the same time. And having said that, I'm smiling and can't wait to hear the studio version!!

ps. Am I the only one who thinks Jonny's riff is quite reminiscent to the bassline in Arabesque??😛

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something very interesting to note is that according to the excerpts from Chris's notes in the pop-up edition of Mylo Xyloto, lyrics from The Man Who Swears are listed under the title Major Minus. It'

The Man Who Swears demo is POTP!

Almost the whole song ! That's quite something !!    

11 hours ago, Jaes said:

I am a bit disappointed. I mean, this song is good, but it could have been so much better.

Yeah for sure, this song haven't reached its full potential imo.

I think the lyrics and instrumentals are both very strong, but the production is kinda weird. I like the intro but when it goes to the verses, I didn't get that energetic vibe I got from the live version, where it's so convincing sung. It feels as if Chris is playing with an autotune mic oslt and is totally exhausted to sing (this could be intentional, but idk why😂) I miss some emotion. When he yells 'rags' , I finally felt some urge again, let me more believe. It reminds me a bit of the studio version of Talk, very modest comparing to the live version. Anyway, the horn-bridge felt quite flat too and then the build-up verse is already a better part. The ending sounds very lovely, but also missed a last touch.

A lot of criticism haha, but I very care about this song. Still one of my favourites❤️

Well, having not heard the live leaks, it felt almost surreal hearing "The Man Who Swears" lyrics out of nowhere. It was just about the most unexpected thing about the entire album (aside from Coloratura of course). Even just hearing the "heaven is a fire escape" lyric in a finished song brought a massive smile to my face. However on the whole I don't feel the song is that great, the heavy guitar "chorus" section sounds like its out of a truck commercial or something, it's dreadful. The best part is the horn section in the last third of the song. "The Man Who Swears" deserved better.

• Like 2

So this is what became of The Man Who Swears - knew I recognised some of the lyrics! I really like the riff, I didn't think the band would turn around and write a glam-rock stomper of a song on an album like MOTS. Definitely into it.

• Like 2

I like it...it is about time CP rocks again.  It gets me head bobbing which is a good thing.  Could the lyrics have been better, maybe but it is certainly as step in the right direction.  They need a song like this on every album.  More song like this, Politik and God Put a Smile on Your Face.

• Like 2

Now this song :dazzled:  :awesome: 

Wait til you experience it live, I guarantee you will change your mind :laugh3: I was lucky to experience it when I saw them at Taratata and good lord it's wonderful. Such a different song from what they usually do and it's so cool to see The Man Who Swears finished. The horns are a wonderful addition as well. Muse now irrelevant :awesome: 

• Like 1

People are saying this song could be better. How so?

Not saying that it's perfect in any way but just wondering what could be added to make it better. I love it the way it is. This just shouldn't be on this album - it doesn't fit at all.

Edited by shred

Having not liked it first few listens, this song is quickly becoming my favourite on the album 

sounds soooo much better on a huge sound system 

Plus you can tell it was written 10 years ago

Edited by Liam
  • Like 1