✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Track 08 - Biutyful | Music of the Spheres

Coeurli

Here's a thread dedicated to the 8th track on Coldplay's upcoming album MOTS: Biutyful

Track length : 03:12 

1. ? - Music Of The Spheres I
  2. Higher Power

3. Humankind

4.  - Alien Choir

5. Let Somebody Go

6. ❤️ - Human Heart

7. People Of The Pride

8. Biutyful

9. ? - Music Of The Spheres II

10. My Universe

11. ♾️ - Infinity Sign

12. Coloratura

Discuss :awesome: 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I’m excited for this track, the only clip we’ve got sounds kind of underwhelming, but the ending, when the “biutyful” tracks off, gives me major Sigur Rós vibes... and I’m living for it!! I’m hoping it’s going on that direction! Please!! ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AnaMarie said:

I’m excited for this track, the only clip we’ve got sounds kind of underwhelming, but the ending, when the “biutyful” tracks off, gives me major Sigur Rós vibes... and I’m living for it!! I’m hoping it’s going on that direction! Please!! ?

Indeed I hope it's not just a rehash of Cry Cry Cry. >_> 

• 2 months later...

The trippy slow beat is really cool.  It feels like somewhat of a concept song and I like it.  CP is never going to be one thing and this song is further proof of that.  I even like the high pitched parts.  An improvement from the Everyday Life album.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gpttigers said:

El ritmo lento trippy es realmente genial. Se siente como una canción conceptual y me gusta. CP nunca va a ser una sola cosa y esta canción es una prueba más de ello. Incluso me gustan las partes agudas. Una mejora del álbum Everyday Life.  

Everyday Life is so clean and honest

Could have been a highlight of the album, instead it’s going to be an easy skip. Wishing for an instrumental version, or maybe a demo version on a single - anything but the stupid synth voice that renders many 1980s tracks unlistenable today.

The opinion on this song is very divided among Coldplay fans from what I've seen, which I find really interesting. It's mostly about Angel Moon/Angelina/Chris' distorted voice. You either absolutely hate it, which ruins the song or you're unbothered by it, so you actually are able to enjoy the song.

I actually fall in the latter :laugh3:  For me it's the most surprising song off the album. At first I was like "wtf is this what am i hearing" and then during the song I started thinking "Oh wait i am oddly liking this!" :laugh3: 

I really like the "love me love me love me" bit, very rnb. The song got stuck in my head, in fact i had it in my head waking up in the morning. I just really like the overall vibe and so yeah, surprisingly, I quite like this!

Don't know whether they'll play it live though. If they do, I hope they don't just put the distorted backing track and try to make a completely different version instead, that would be cool. Otherwise I don't necessarily mind not hearing it live, it's a great song for the studio album and it's a very chill moment.

• Like 2

I absolutely love this one. The pitched voice in my opinion is to be intended as an alien voice, and that matches perfectly with the album concept. Love is an universal feeling, not only a human one. Fantastic song

Edited by marcofratini
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, marcofratini said:

I absolutely love this one. The pitched voice in my opinion is to be intended as an alien voice, and that matches perfectly with the album concept. Love is an universal feeling, not only a human one. Fantastic song

Yeah but I think it should be an accompaniment and not a duet...

I actually love this song. A lot. It’s the song I’ve played most (outside the singles that releases ahead of time). The alien voice works surprisingly well, and Chris’ vocals mesh very well in ways that it shouldn’t. 

The chorus, like the song, is simplistic. It’s unique but it doesn’t try too hard. Really, really fun song that hinges between pop and some sort of avante garde mix. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm conflicted! I actually really like the high-slidey part of Angel Moon's voice, ie the bit that shows up in the Overtura preview. I don't quite like the voice in the verses...it just sounds like a chipmunk when they could've invited a female singer or had one of Chris's children sing it. 

The overall instrumental is quite interesting, with a lot of electronic/backwards sounding stuff. But it's not electronic for the sake of seeming poppy (like ASFOS or SJLT) which is sort of how you know they DID think about this track intentionally. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I realise the gravity of what I'm about to say, and I am going to risk saying it nevertheless:

Weirdly, this song is my favourite track off the album. That vocal melody is an absolute ear worm, and the instrumentation and mix is top notch. And somehow, I don't mind the pitched voice at all. It's really pushing limits in terms of what is considered sonically pleasant, but I'm gladly accepting these new boundaries (or lack thereof). 

• Like 1

• stephen changed the title to Track 08 - Biutyful | Music of the Spheres
  • stephen pinned this topic
  • stephen unpinned and featured this topic