🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Biutyful - Track 8 on MOTS vol1

Here's a thread dedicated to the 8th track on Coldplay's upcoming album MOTS: Biutyful

Track length : 03:12 

1. 🪐 - Music Of The Spheres I
  2. Higher Power

3. Humankind

4.  - Alien Choir

5. Let Somebody Go

6. ❤️ - Human Heart

7. People Of The Pride

8. Biutyful

9. 🌎 - Music Of The Spheres II

10. My Universe

11. ♾️ - Infinity Sign

12. Coloratura

Discuss :awesome: 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m excited for this track, the only clip we’ve got sounds kind of underwhelming, but the ending, when the “biutyful” tracks off, gives me major Sigur Rós vibes... and I’m living for it!! I’m hoping it’s going on that direction! Please!! 🙏

• Like 1
9 hours ago, AnaMarie said:

I’m excited for this track, the only clip we’ve got sounds kind of underwhelming, but the ending, when the “biutyful” tracks off, gives me major Sigur Rós vibes... and I’m living for it!! I’m hoping it’s going on that direction! Please!! 🙏

Indeed I hope it's not just a rehash of Cry Cry Cry. >_> 

14 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Indeed I hope it's not just a rehash of Cry Cry Cry. >_> 

Yess!! I’m hoping it’s 100 times better... it’s has to be 😫... no offense to Cry Cry Cry though 😅

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

The trippy slow beat is really cool.  It feels like somewhat of a concept song and I like it.  CP is never going to be one thing and this song is further proof of that.  I even like the high pitched parts.  An improvement from the Everyday Life album.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, gpttigers said:

El ritmo lento trippy es realmente genial. Se siente como una canción conceptual y me gusta. CP nunca va a ser una sola cosa y esta canción es una prueba más de ello. Incluso me gustan las partes agudas. Una mejora del álbum Everyday Life.  

Everyday Life is so clean and honest

Could have been a highlight of the album, instead it’s going to be an easy skip. Wishing for an instrumental version, or maybe a demo version on a single - anything but the stupid synth voice that renders many 1980s tracks unlistenable today.

The opinion on this song is very divided among Coldplay fans from what I've seen, which I find really interesting. It's mostly about Angel Moon/Angelina/Chris' distorted voice. You either absolutely hate it, which ruins the song or you're unbothered by it, so you actually are able to enjoy the song.

I actually fall in the latter :laugh3:  For me it's the most surprising song off the album. At first I was like "wtf is this what am i hearing" and then during the song I started thinking "Oh wait i am oddly liking this!" :laugh3: 

I really like the "love me love me love me" bit, very rnb. The song got stuck in my head, in fact i had it in my head waking up in the morning. I just really like the overall vibe and so yeah, surprisingly, I quite like this!

Don't know whether they'll play it live though. If they do, I hope they don't just put the distorted backing track and try to make a completely different version instead, that would be cool. Otherwise I don't necessarily mind not hearing it live, it's a great song for the studio album and it's a very chill moment.