✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2022-05-12] State Farm Stadium, Phoenix, AZ

Captain Crieff

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/21/2022 at 6:09 PM, utahfod said:

Anyone from Utah or mnt state going to Phoenix?  I have GA ticket wondering if anyone wants to ride share etc. to cut cost.  Unfortunately my friends can't go or aren't into it.

Unfortunately I'm not in that area, live in Phoenix already so that would be a burden for me. Wish you the best of luck.

Hope the topic creator updates the date, this thread still reads

"2022-05-03 "

Please see my previous post but it's been changed. I'll grab a screenshot from the official Coldplay website. Just don't want everyone to be confused.

20220326_132144.jpg

• I ran away changed the title to [2022-05-12] State Farm Stadium, Phoenix, AZ
17 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

Unfortunately I'm not in that area, live in Phoenix already so that would be a burden for me. Wish you the best of luck.

Hope the topic creator updates the date, this thread still reads

"2022-05-03 "

Please see my previous post but it's been changed. I'll grab a screenshot from the official Coldplay website. Just don't want everyone to be confused.

20220326_132144.jpg

Just updated the title!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Now the concert is a week away, I decided to share what I've been secretly doing leading up to this show.

Years ago, I recall logging onto the official Coldplay website after school. That day they posted a web-link to a new music video... it was titled,The Goldrush.

I recall I rapidly clicked and watched with delight as I saw this colorful musical record spinning then the song kicked in.

The song was very charming, to reference another YouTube commenter, Beatles-like. I adored the sound, it was unlike anything I heard from Coldplay before. The combinations of vocals from each band member was lovely. So I naturally assumed they'd play this song live one day and I unfortunately kept waiting. At the moment, it's been 13 years when that song released and I'd like for the Coldplay community a chance to hear this song live-- if -- and only if, Coldplay decides to do so.

So 3 months ago I decided to make a digital campaign on the official The Goldrush music video.

Today I just finished upcycling a large star birthday balloon into the backdrop of a sign I plan to bring to the show. 

If my mission doesn't succeed at the very least others might've seen the song thanks to my comments, or my sign if they happen to see it at the concert. Just felt like I should show off my passion for this song.

Coldplay-Goldrush-song-request-spanning-3-months.png

coldplay_goldrush_song_request_sign_2022.png

Edited by TealAppeal
Adding more information

Re-did my sign for the concert. Learned for the venue I'm attending it can't have study cardboard, glad I looked over the rules.

Feeling a bit more unsure at this moment if Coldplay will play my song request, "The Goldrush" live.

It would be such an historical moment for the Coldplay community. Ultimately the band gets to decide not me.

Whatever the outcome, I feel sure I'll have a good time at the concert tonight.

sign.png

• Like 2

Coldplay setlist

May 12th 2022
■■■
//"E.T." (John Williams) Theme song//
1. Higher Power
2. Adventure of a Lifetime 
3. Paradise
4. Charlie Brown
5. The Scientist 
//The Scientist song in reverse// 
6. Viva la Vida
7. Hymn for Weekend
8. Let Somebody Go
9. In My Place
 [Jonny sang last note]♡
10. Yellow
//Sunrise//
11. Human Heart
12. People of the Pride
13. Clocks
14. Infinity Sign
15. Somthing Like This
16. Midnight (dance mix version)
17. My Universe 
18. Sky Full of Stars
19. "Biutyful", The Weridos (without Coldplay)

((The Weridos are a puppet band from out of this world. During this preformance they recorded footage for the upcoming music video for Biutyful on Coldplay's YouTube channel.))

20. Sparks Ft. Preston Wait
21. "Phoenix AZ" an orginal Coldplay song Ft. Preston Wait
//Mindnight sound..into.. Fix You//
22. Fix You
23. Humankind 
24. Biutyful (with Coldplay) Ft.The Weridos
//The Wave//

Edited by TealAppeal
Including additional details

I'll post the special Phoenix song later (video); I was lucky in that I recorded the full thing.

I'm horrible with names but the male artist from Texas joined Coldplay to perform this orginal song.

It appears  each state will get a new song, we will see♡

That was a pretty decent show. The Charlie Brown preformance was spectacular.

For me my favorite part was Johnny singing the very last note of In My Place.

It would've been nice not to have had duplicates of Biutyful yet... I have to keep a positive spin, it's not everyday your venue's cheers gets to be recorded on an official music video for the future. The puppets were pretty charming, I find it hard to loathe them at the moment.

Edited by TealAppeal
Including additional details

The concert tonight was overall good with the best live rendition of ASFOS that I’ve been present for so far. However, the band absolutely ruined the end of the show by recording the entire Biutyful song live only a few songs before the end of the show, and then repeating the entire song as the grand finale. In my opinion, this is not their best song and was already an unusual choice for a finale, but to repeat the entire song and expect to send people away happy was kind of shocking and disappointing. Hundreds or thousands of people left immediately upon the beginning of the song the second time. The band got a very lukewarm send off from the crowd, and I think Chris Martin at least may have noticed from his facial expression that something wasn’t right. I don’t know what else to say other than they should have known better after so many years of performing.

• Like 1

This was my last video, only two I'm aware but I truly wanted to not be more in the moment and less behind a screen.

Felt good to just dance alongside other passionate fans. I'll see if my Father has any good recordings later. Enjoy