✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Music of The Spheres World Tour Setlist Predictions

• Administrators

setlistpredict.jpg

It's that time again! We are a few days away from Coldplay's first date on their Music of The Spheres World Tour. What a better way to celebrate than to predict the setlist!

We want to know what you think the band will play on this tour. Whether it be an obscure b-side or whether they will play Something Just Like This. Whatever it is, let us know what you want to hear

• Like 2

I think the opening is rather weak, they need a longer opening with more content on it, think of Kaleidoscope Intro with Charlie Chapplin's speech, or something like a video interlude that prepares the audience. There's no hype buildup.

How do you think their future setlists will be?

Hard to say.

I'm going to go on a limb and say it'll be 78% Music of the Spheres tracks, 3%  song requests via signs held by fans, 19% previous tracks from past albums. 

Are there any MOTS-tracks that won't be played live. Any nice surprises from the past?

Pretty doubtful they'll include the transitional songs but you just never know. 

It would be pretty cool to hear, Moving to Mars  hope they'll consider that one.

I noticed that they played Everything's not Lost at a gig, do you think they will continue playing it?

Hope so, I'd be cheering loudly with delight.

I would love to hear some songs that haven't been played live for a while, how about Talk?

X&Y songs would be quite suitable for this album tour I think.

Totally agree, I'd love to have some more X&Y representation;  Talk  is awesome yes please.

My Father has been mixed with Coldplay however I have this vivid memory when we sat in the Livingroom and I played through the whole X&Y album on his big speaker system.

He really connected to Til Kingdom Come;reminded him of something classic. When I informed him that Johnny Cash was meant to sing with Chris however the timing was off ... Johnny Cash unfortunately passed away, my Father wept. After some time he whispered to me, "One of Coldplay's best work. " This took place in 2005 or so but that memory stayed with me and for that aspect alone it would be quite sentimental if they wanted to play that one. At the very least I'll give it a listen after I post this message. ♡ 

• 1 month later...

I think it'll be 85% the same every night, and I'm guessing once the full tour begins it'll be like:

1. MOTS>Higher Power
  2. Humankind
  3. Clocks
  4. Fix You
  5. VLV
  6. The Scientist 
  7. Yellow
  8. AOAL
  9. Rotating fan-favourite but not a famous single like Everything's Not Lost, GPASUYF, 

B-stage

1. Human Heart
  2. Magic
  3. Acoustic song, slightly more obscure - UATW, TKC, acoustic version of Speed of Sound, acoustic LIJ
  4. Biutyful

Mainstage

1. Infinity Sign (started on the B stage with an ole-chant, then transitioning to mainstage)
  2. POTP
  3. Paradise
  4. My Universe
  5. ASFOS
  6. Coloratura

What would I *like* to hear? Most of MX it turns out...

• Up&Up
  • Hurts Like Heaven
  • Moving to Mars
  • UATW
  • UWTB

What do I think we might NOT hear (at least regularly)?

• Let Somebody Go...I would be very pleasantly surprised if they started performing this regularly where Chris and Will duet (similar to some performances of HFTW). 
  • Anything from X&Y ?

We should give them credit though - 50% of the time in the AHFOD tour, the requests were REALLY INTERESTING songs like AROBTTH, Swallowed in the Sea, etc. They also played See You Soon SEVERAL times, the first since perhaps 2003. Also Amsterdam on that tour! On the MX tour they were regularly playing Life is For Living for quite a bit. 

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

First concert of the tour is quite close, just a week to go. Been thinking about the possible setlist. I'm not a big fan of full setlist predictions, because it becomes too much of a fantasy competition. So I instead I raise some pretty straightforward questions, maybe some of you are interested to give your thoughts.

Intro/first song. Ideas and predictions?

Any interesting ideas, how the intro would be played out this time? To be honest, I have no idea what they could do to make it as good as AHFOD intro with Charlie Chaplin speech.

But for the first proper song I see there's mainly two different predictions circling - either Higher Power or Humankind. I would say either of them would be good, but I predict Higher Power for the first song and Humankind for second or third. I think Higher Power gives more freedom for Chris to dance and interact with audience. During Humankind he's probably "stuck" with acoustic guitar.

End of the concert. Any surprises?

This seems to be pretty much decided. My Universe->ASFOS->Coloratura. Or do you think there might be surprises?

Which important song/your personal favourite from previous tours do you think will get dropped?

Some have feared Charlie Brown might get dropped, but I think it will stay. I predict Hymn for the Weekend and Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall will not be part of MOTS setlist. For me Humankind seems to be a song which potentially replaces ETIAW very successfully.

Which old song do you think might return into setlist permanently for this tour?

My bet is on Politik, this has to become a regular song in setlist again.

Here is my prediction. Btw, I kind of think the opening will stay the same as it was for promo gigs: MOTS from tape as the band walks in to the thumping sounds, then Higher Power. I'm also (unfortunately) sure that Charlie Brown stays there, since Chris was rehearsing it and it's one of the prime songs to use with the kinetic flooring. I personally could do without anything from MX, GS and AHFOD and rather have more songs from other albums (especially X&Y, Viva, Everyday Life) but this won't happen.

setlist.png

• Like 4

^Great Prediction -- I would consider making my own setlist prediction but this basically covers it. I think Chris is the master setlist maker and he said repeatedly that the format of the AHFOD tour (with the B-state and C-stage) felt like the perfect performance and I certainly thought it was great.

I wonder if your Politik guess will rotate between other songs, maybe Violet Hill, to keep the "rock" feel going after People of the Pride. I agree that it's very unlikely we'll see anything from Everyday Life, which sucks because I actually think Champion of the World could be a great song as an outro from one stage to another. Orphans too, but that song feels a bit too real right now... It feels likely that the C-Stage will be a good opportunity to get some old tunes like Green Eyes, Warning Sign, Trouble, LiJ, maybe even Hardest Part or something from X&Y.

I also wonder about SJLT... A lot of artists will play their top-streamed songs. Personally I'd be super bummed if this song makes a return and I'd much rather see a rock cover as you outlined here. Getting to see Coldplay play David Bowie's Heroes on the AHFOD Tour was one of the biggest highlights for me. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

^Great Prediction -- I would consider making my own setlist prediction but this basically covers it. I think Chris is the master setlist maker and he said repeatedly that the format of the AHFOD tour (with the B-state and C-stage) felt like the perfect performance and I certainly thought it was great.

I wonder if your Politik guess will rotate between other songs, maybe Violet Hill, to keep the "rock" feel going after People of the Pride. I agree that it's very unlikely we'll see anything from Everyday Life, which sucks because I actually think Champion of the World could be a great song as an outro from one stage to another. Orphans too, but that song feels a bit too real right now... It feels likely that the C-Stage will be a good opportunity to get some old tunes like Green Eyes, Warning Sign, Trouble, LiJ, maybe even Hardest Part or something from X&Y.

I also wonder about SJLT... A lot of artists will play their top-streamed songs. Personally I'd be super bummed if this song makes a return and I'd much rather see a rock cover as you outlined here. Getting to see Coldplay play David Bowie's Heroes on the AHFOD Tour was one of the biggest highlights for me. 

You should make one! If you share and tag #MOTSTour and @coldplayxtra on Twitter and do it by March 13, you have the chance to win some merch if your prediction is close enough.

I know the Cry Cry Cry/Lovers in Japan thing is the most unlikely part of my setlist. And still I somehow didn't feel like Coldplay would play absolutely zero songs from their last album, even if it was a special one...I certainly thought about Violet Hill as well, it seems a likely candidate for an older song to make it occasionally.

I was thinking about the recently used setlist in promo gigs and how it would work on stadiums. Considering that a lot of North American and European shows in May-June-July probably start in daylight, I feel like at least Clocks, Fix You so early in setlist won't work that well. These songs somehow demand darkness for lasers, wristbands and fireworks. I know it sounds a bit weird reason, but because of that I feel like the recently used setlist will get a bit twisted.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind if Humankind was the major opening the show, it does sound like a good fit with the countdown and everything.

Good choice with the other songs choices. It never occurred to me they might add an unreleased song, good thinking.

I posted my list on Reddit however after listening to the tracks in order.. I feel my setist is way too lengthy. Need to trim it down. 

This is my second try at this... I doubt my setlist will be accurate however my goal was to include one track from every major Coldplay album, have the songs be some-what 'space themed' or jive well with the songs around them and to add a good majority of songs from Music of the Spheres

The icons are just for me, helped jog my memory on what album the song debuted on. 

mrsM_ver.02_MotS_setlist.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TealAppeal said:

This is my second try at this... I doubt my setlist will be accurate however my goal was to include one track from every major Coldplay album, have the songs be some-what 'space themed' or jive well with the songs around them and to add a good majority of songs from Music of the Spheres

The icons are just for me, helped jog my memory on what album the song debuted on. 

mrsM_ver.02_MotS_setlist.jpg

What a treat if White Shadows would take a part in the setlist😁. I would sign immediately for all of this, great variance of songs from all era's. I think especially X&Y songs got a chance to make it, according to the spheric theme: Square One/Talk/Speed of Sound. Though I don't think they would eliminate a song as Fix You for that..

Edited by WhiteShadow7
  • Love 1

• stephen changed the title to Music of The Spheres World Tour Setlist Predictions

Here's my attempt. Tried to think of the most realistic setlist, but also included a few interesting twists in the middle. I think Strawberry Swing, Gravity and Hypnotised would work perfectly in this setlist, but are highly unlikely.

setlist.thumb.png.dc5f5688862a164303472136ff9aca81.png

• Like 3

I don't think it's going to be that different from the A Head Full Of Dreams Tour. That's not necessarily a bad thing because it's still going to be mind-blowing live. Here's some of my predictions:

Main Stage 

1. Opening with a movement from the Planets Suite by Holst into MOTS. 
  2. Higher Power 
  3. Clocks 
  4. Humankind 
  5. The Scientist 
  6. Paradise 

B-Stage 

1. Sparks 
  2. Yellow (acoustic) 
  3. Human Heart // Let Somebody Go 

Main Stage 

1. Infinity Station intermission into Charlie Brown 
  2. People of the Pride 
  3. Viva La Vida 
  4. AOAL 
  5. Fix You 

C-Stage 

1. In My Place 
  2. Magic // Always In My Head  
  3. Sparks // See You Soon 
  4. Cover Song // Champion of the World // Til kingdom Come 
  5. Alien Choir intermission extended 

Main Stage 

1. My Universe 
  2. ASFOS 
  3. Coloratura 

The dream would be see Everything's Not Lost, Church, Miracles (SS) and All I Can Think About Is You somewhere on the list but that's never happening 😭😭😭

Edited by Clare42
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Clare42 said:

I don't think it's going to be that different from the A Head Full Of Dreams Tour. That's not necessarily a bad thing because it's still going to be mind-blowing live. Here's some of my predictions:

Main Stage 

1. Opening with a movement from the Planets Suite by Holst into MOTS. 
  2. Higher Power 
  3. Clocks 
  4. Humankind 
  5. The Scientist 
  6. Paradise 

B-Stage 

1. Sparks 
  2. Yellow (acoustic) 
  3. Human Heart // Let Somebody Go 

Main Stage 

1. Infinity Station intermission into Charlie Brown 
  2. People of the Pride 
  3. Viva La Vida 
  4. AOAL 
  5. Fix You 

C-Stage 

1. In My Place 
  2. Magic // Always In My Head  
  3. Sparks // See You Soon 
  4. Cover Song // Champion of the World // Til kingdom Come 
  5. Alien Choir intermission extended 

Main Stage 

1. My Universe 
  2. ASFOS 
  3. Coloratura 

The dream would be see Everything's Not Lost, Church, Miracles (SS) and All I Can Think About Is You somewhere on the list but that's never happening 😭😭😭

I agree with you, about the set list.

My dream would be to see Talk live. Oh, what I would give for that!! The video for it is space-themed, so I'm holding out hope 😬

• Like 1
  • Love 1

My prediction - Thanks Clare for the template lol

Main Stage 

1. MOTS
  2. Higher Power 
  3. Clocks 
  4. Humankind 
  5. The Scientist 
  6. Paradise 

I believe they will include Politik somewhere within that first part for the first date, or the first city, maybe even for the entire LatAm tour although that would already be big. Unlikely it makes it on to main setlist for the entire tour sadly.

B-Stage 

1. Magic or Always In My Head  - although i would prefer none of those, maybe go for Yellow acoustic
  2. Human heart (1st half - full song if the love choir is there maybe at certain dates)
  3. Let Somebody Go 

Main Stage 

1. Charlie Brown 
  2. People of the Pride 
  3. Viva La Vida 
  4. AOAL 
  5. Fix You 

C-Stage - Alien Choir on their way there

1. Yellow (acoustic) // LiJ acoustic if Yellow is on the B stage
  2. Sparks // Orphans or Champion of the world as a treat once or twice within the LatAm tour as a test and then never again because they will not have rehearsed those properly and it will sound weird
  3. City song or Cover Song
  4. Chris starts the Ole Ole Ole leading into Infinity sign playing as they walk back to Main stage

Main Stage 

1. My Universe 
  2. ASFOS 
  3. Coloratura

Now if we're talking what I'd REALLY want

Politik and Everything's not lost on principal setlist
Til Kingdom Come on c stage because for some goddamn reason despite my many coldplay concerts they've never played it in my presence lol
Champion of the world on b or c stage

Most importantly have songs on rotation for B and C stage : TKC, COTW, LiJ, Orphans, their Day'n'Nite cover, Lost, Speed of sound (lol)... so that when they stay in the same city for several dates, at least one song on the setlist changes every night.

Oh and absolutely impossible but one performance of Moving to Mars would save our souls.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Coeurli said:

Politik and Everything's not lost on principal setlist
Til Kingdom Come on c stage because for some goddamn reason despite my many coldplay concerts they've never played it in my presence lol
Champion of the world on b or c stage

Most importantly have songs on rotation for B and C stage : TKC, COTW, LiJ, Orphans, their Day'n'Nite cover, Lost, Speed of sound (lol)... so that when they stay in the same city for several dates, at least one song on the setlist changes every night.

Oh and absolutely impossible but one performance of Moving to Mars would save our souls.

I feel you, especially for Moving to Mars and TKC lol 😅 

@Coeurli I agree with your setlist, but to me the chances of a live performance of Politik are limited; it's quite an heavy song in a certain sense, so I can't really imagine it being played along with the rest of the setlist, but maybe I'm wrong... needless to say, if Politik were perdormed live, that would be awesome😍 

Everything's not lost doesn't seem so unlikely to be performed, at least on rotation with other songs, because it was  played in Seattle some months ago (I think it was in Seattle, but I'm not sure about this) 

Edited by only.your.imagination

1 hour ago, only.your.imagination said:

I feel you, especially for Moving to Mars and TKC lol 😅 

@Coeurli I agree with your setlist, but to me the chances of a live performance of Politik are limited; it's quite an heavy song in a certain sense, so I can't really imagine it being played along with the rest of the setlist, but maybe I'm wrong... needless to say, if Politik were perdormed live, that would be awesome😍 

Everything's not lost doesn't seem so unlikely to be performed, at least on rotation with other songs, because it was  played in Seattle some months ago (I think it was in Seattle, but I'm not sure about this) 

For Politik, the theory is based on the fact they played it for the first couple dates of the AHFOD tour in 2016. It was solely due to the political climate at the time. It was definitely an odd one on the AHFOD tour setlist and they never played it again. It was definitely not meant to be played for the whole tour, I think they had even swapped it with The Scientist! So obviously the scientist came back and that was it. That being said, they have released more political songs since then, and given the extreme tension lately, it would almost be weird if they didn't perform Politik at all. That being said, i definitely don't expect it to be on the main setlist for sure haha

For Everything's not lost, i fear this song is probably considered too long for their stadium gig setlist, especially wit Coloratura at the end. It worked on their last setlist because they did not intend to play the full MOTS tour set, so it was a nice filler. It would be an absolute dream come true for me to see it live so it would be awesome if they included it in the setlist sometime during this tour.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, Coeurli said:

For Politik, the theory is based on the fact they played it for the first couple dates of the AHFOD tour in 2016. It was solely due to the political climate at the time. It was definitely an odd one on the AHFOD tour setlist and they never played it again. It was definitely not meant to be played for the whole tour, I think they had even swapped it with The Scientist! So obviously the scientist came back and that was it. That being said, they have released more political songs since then, and given the extreme tension lately, it would almost be weird if they didn't perform Politik at all.

Oh well I didn't actually know about this performances of Politik during their last tour, good news anyway! Thanks for sharing😁

23 hours ago, Coeurli said:

For Everything's not lost, i fear this song is probably considered too long for their stadium gig setlist, especially wit Coloratura at the end. It worked on their last setlist because they did not intend to play the full MOTS tour set, so it was a nice filler.

Yes, I know that the lenght of the song is an issue to deal with especially with Coloratura at the end, but I I'll keep my fingers crossed for some occasional performances of it🤞

• Like 1