✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸŒ• Coldplay: Moon Music πŸŒ• | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

Yes, I know Volume 1 has just come out. Yes, I know Volume 2 isn'tΒ officiallyΒ confirmed yet. But I guess someone has to make this thread at some point, and I haven't started a 'big thread' in my whole time on Coldplaying.

MOTSv1 was a missed opportunity for many people. I liked the album, but many people are indifferent to or dislike the album. My old MOTS tracklist thread was hilariously wrong, although I did correctly guess the leaked lyrics were for Higher Power. Crucially, the two songs I expected the most, The Race and Lethal Drug, didn't appear, and neither did other predictions for Car Kids (which would have made sense, considering MOTS is set in the same universe as Mylo Xyloto), a new song called UFO which presumably had nothing in common with the MX version, and an alternate version of Us Against The World. Life Is Beautiful, a popular candidate, also didn't appear. There were also rumblings of a song called The Rocket. Perhaps some or all of these songs could appear on MOTSv2.

Another point to consider is the spheres themselves. It remains to be seen if MOTSv2 will use the same planets as Volume 1, or if we'll get a new set of planets. And what about the languages? And the cover art? Obviously we're a long way off - at minimum the album will come out around this time next year - but if there's one thing I love on these forums it's speculating and getting things completely wrong. I expect this thread will die before coming back to life later on, but I'm posting it now..

Edited by Doomotron
  • Like 3

I know that more bands are using this new strategy today. I don't follow Imagine Dragons but I've seen they have releasedΒ an Act I but I don't know how they re dealing the comunication of an Act II.

Normally second parts come after a few months, not years, so I guess we will know more about MOTS vol.2 quite soon. maybe right after LSG will come out as single (December?)

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

Anyone else think #1 (in alien kaotican) in every Coldplay music video referral to volume 1?? I just thought about it… 

That's a superbΒ observation, thanks for mentioning it. I would've forgotten that detail.

I just hope for the 2nd volume Coldplay releases whatever plans they had for the Aurora planet song or musical mofitive piece... (I'm not entirely sure).

• Like 2

On 11/18/2021 at 11:16 PM, gustavothehuman said:

Coloratura is described as the afterlife, so... What is beyond it?

Coloratura is a planetary nebula, which means, in scientific terms, that it leads to new systems or even galaxies. So, Coloratura might be the gateway for new songs! (I hope).

• Like 2
  • Care 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 10:22 AM, johnnymax8652 said:

Guy posted a picture with Eno, hopefully a hint to new music ?

Would be great. Maybe their next album is more viva-esque. As Everyday Life was intimate like Ghost Stories and MOTSI is sort of MX2.0, it could be that they turn backwards and making a circle. They saw AHFOD as an album that they've been working towards since the beginning, a 'highlight' and maybe it's the turning point in their timeline...

Edited by WhiteShadow7
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

One thing that confused me is FFTF2024 and Coldplay's final album releasing in 2025. If FFTF is Finale For The Fans, but Coldplay (album) is in 2025, what is FFTF? And then it hit me...

Music Of The Spheres was announced alongside FFTF2024, in 2019. What if MOTS was meant to be released in 2020, but due to COVID everything was pushed back a year, moving FFTF to 2025?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

One thing that confused me is FFTF2024 and Coldplay's final album releasing in 2025. If FFTF is Finale For The Fans, but Coldplay (album) is in 2025, what is FFTF? And then it hit me...

Music Of The Spheres was announced alongside FFTF2024, in 2019. What if MOTS was meant to be released in 2020, but due to COVID everything was pushed back a year, moving FFTF to 2025?

That's EXACTLY what happened. People bought the "sell out" narrative so hard they forgot Parlophone's president confirmed months before that Everyday Life's successor would be commercial and arriving shortly.

3 hours ago, Doomotron said:

If FFTF is Finale For The Fans

As much as I know, this is just if. For me it could mean anything still. Could be still 2024 also. So unless there's some more information, it's just a big speculation.

Though, MOTS was maybe indeed released a bit later than initially planned. Although their label bosses stated before Everyday Life, that next album is coming soon, I'm pretty sure they didn't have a fixed date for MOTS at that point, so it's hard to tell, for how long it was actually delayed.

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2021 at 8:38 AM, Doomotron said:

Some baseless speculation: if Coloratura is the nebula of the spheres, maybe the next set of planets will start from there. Maybe we'll get a Coloratura Part 2 or something like that...

That's actually a really good prediction! When listening to Coloratura, I always felt the ending was too abrupt, and that low note at the end after the piano arpeggios sounded like it transitioned to a new song. It would be amazing if all the volumes transitioned through each other like one big album. And that would give an explanation for the shorter length.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TheLostColdplayer said:

So, is MOTS vol. II counted as one of the remaining 3 records or it is part of a single big album together with MOTS vol. I? What do you think?

Almost certainly as one of the 3. If it was MOTS2 and 3 PLUS three more albums Coldplay will definitely not be able to finish by 2025.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doomotron said:

Almost certainly as one of the 3. If it was MOTS2 and 3 PLUS three more albums Coldplay will definitely not be able to finish by 2025.

Yes, that's right. And probably they won't be able anyway given the film, as Chris said in a recent interview...

• 2 weeks later...

Coldplay has already replied... though were still left in the dark, "The truth is still out there" is vague.

I hope the upcoming 'Beautiful' (Dont feel like spelling it correctly as Coldplay intended) music video gives us an Easter egg or so. They can digitally add things into the video. We'll see.Β 

20220522_194957.jpg

Edited by TealAppeal
I misquoted
  • Wow 1

The extended version of Biutyful they played at the Weirdos concert was really cool. The song 'Weirdo' is set to be their best song ever, although that may just be marketing and it's just be a load of crap. Robots is another confirmed song. With two new songs confirmed, it will be interesting to see if their next release - MOTSv2 or not - is an EP or full album.

It will also be interesting to see if The Race is included.

• 7 months later...

I don't like bumping old threads (even if I created it) but with the relatively recent leaking of Colilyakliuk there are new rumours of the next album. The leak screams 'demo' for me but people are complaining anyway, and I doubt people will be happy if it's a real song they release. Although it could end up like Heart On Fire, where opinion is split between people saying they love it and those who passionately despise it.

There will be a new album (possible MOTS vol 2) sooner rather than later. So, better let's get ready. My guess it's going to be released in different way than they're used to. Without much time (if any time) between the first single and album release.

I've been following stuff, but never heard of Colilyakliuk somehow, until now. And it was months old already. The snippet I managed to find, doesn't sound like anything people should build their expectations on. Sounds like a snippet of not fully developed idea, at least at that point.

The possibility of a short time between singles and release is not out of the question I think - they could even do a Radiohead Special and not release any singles at all. Hopefully it won't be like the last album where Higher Power came out months before the next single, Coloratura, itself months away from My Universe and the actual album.

• Like 3

• stephen changed the title to πŸŒ• Coldplay: Moon Music πŸŒ• | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion
  • stephen pinned this topic