Jump to content
✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸŒ• Coldplay: Moon Music πŸŒ• | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion


Doomotron

Recommended Posts

I think the short notice for the release would make sense. Considering it's a MOTS vol 2 and they certainly would want at least some songs to be part of the tour. It would not make sense to drag the release process too long, because tour would just finish. Although it's quite possible they go on with MOTS tour in 2024. Also the timeline with first single out many months before album is very outdated now. In this busy and overstimulated world that kind of release schedule just loses momentum and isn't that successful anymore.

Let's see, how things turn out. Considering the tour continues in March and in February there's a period of Brits and Grammys, where it might be a good place to present some new song, it would be a perfect window to release something new. It would be smart to use it, but they might have something else in mind.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Β  I honestly think that at this point in their career and considering how the market works, the only chance for their album to make a significant impact is to release a visual album with proper promotion for singles. Exhaustive touring and minimal-to-zero promotion ain't gonna cut it, it's just not how the industry works anymore. I'm not in a rush at all for a new album, I want it to be right and with their current tour schedule, if it gets released now, it's gonna be a massive flop since they don't have the means to support it.Β 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh my goodness, you can't be serious now. Colyakshs whatever it's not a real leak (or a song). It was made through A.I. by a user from the Coldplay Discord group. It was made as a joke and I can't believe people still fell for it like thatΒ 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, dxm3557 said:

Oh my goodness, you can't be serious now. Colyakshs whatever it's not a real leak (or a song). It was made through A.I. by a user from the Coldplay Discord group. It was made as a joke and I can't believe people still fell for it like thatΒ 

If so, AI has come a long way. I might try and use AI to make a remastered version of A View From The Top! I'm not sure why you're upset about it though, obviously the context of something won't transfer all the time when it's posted elsewhere, either intentionally or unintentionally. We 'fell for it' because we didn't get the context it was AI-generated and because it was a well produced AI generation at that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Doomotron said:

If so, AI has come a long way. I might try and use AI to make a remastered version of A View From The Top! I'm not sure why you're upset about it though, obviously the context of something won't transfer all the time when it's posted elsewhere, either intentionally or unintentionally. We 'fell for it' because we didn't get the context it was AI-generated and because it was a well produced AI generation at that.

Sorry, I meant that both the artwork and that absurd fake title were A.I.-generated. The song itself is just an old demo of Lethal Drug (a.k.a. Love in a Lethal Dose), a song Coldplay did with Avicii prior the Ghost Stories Era, along with A Sky Full of Stars. It just upsets me 'cause so many people claim it to be real and that it will be on Vol. II so often that it gets on my nerves. I apologise, though. Just, please, spread the truth out there so people won't fall for it anymore.

Edited by dxm3557
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't worry about the fake leak thing. People love to get excited about silly things and I don't think anyone is seriously offended. At least it's something to talk about.Β 

With new tour dates announced I'm really crossing my fingers for new music to drop in the next few months but at this point of zero clue what to expect. I would love it if they used demos from the AHFOD era on MOTS II Era. I used to rank AHFOD as a lower-tier era but after those demos leaked (Family Tree, Vampire Symphony, the OG AHFOD, Forever Whatever) I feel like they had a really creative era that would have been surprisingly rockin' and unique sounding. And MOTS era so far I think is in desperate need of some better melodies and more interesting ideas.Β 

We know MOTS Volume I and Everyday Life both used a lot of former Coldplay demos, so maybe reworking those old songs is part of their goal in the last 2-3 albums of their career. I really, really want a final version of Vampire Symphony. I truly think it could be a huge radio hit in 2023.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

We know MOTS Volume I and Everyday Life both used a lot of former Coldplay demos, so maybe reworking those old songs is part of their goal in the last 2-3 albums of their career. I really, really want a final version of Vampire Symphony. I truly think it could be a huge radio hit in 2023.

They might be doing a Radiohead and going through the archives to see what can be released. Radiohead are still releasing 20 year old demos mainly in the OKNOTOK and Kid A Mnesia reissues (some of which are among their best songs), alongside some that pop up in albums like True Love Waits. Hopefully Coldplay are doing the same thing and by the time their final album comes out every good demo that has leaked will be released officially. Alternatively they might end up having something similar to David Bowie's posthumous releases with demos and unreleased live recordings - oh, and most of an entire album.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really, really hope so.Β 

11 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

They might be doing a Radiohead and going through the archives to see what can be released. Radiohead are still releasing 20 year old demos mainly in the OKNOTOK and Kid A Mnesia reissues (some of which are among their best songs), alongside some that pop up in albums like True Love Waits. Hopefully Coldplay are doing the same thing and by the time their final album comes out every good demo that has leaked will be released officially. Alternatively they might end up having something similar to David Bowie's posthumous releases with demos and unreleased live recordings - oh, and most of an entire album.

I really hope so but I'm not sure. Chris has said in interviews throughout their career that he feels pretty confident about some songs not seeing the light of day. Ever since Viva I think some of their best songs just haven't been released, including Vampire Symphony and many of the Viva demos. I do think it's true they put songs in their back pocket, and if those don't get used I don't see any harm in releasing old demos more officially like Radiohead. That was an amazing release and some wonderful fan service and I pray Coldplay would give us that love.

Β 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

I really, really hope so.Β 

I really hope so but I'm not sure. Chris has said in interviews throughout their career that he feels pretty confident about some songs not seeing the light of day. Ever since Viva I think some of their best songs just haven't been released, including Vampire Symphony and many of the Viva demos. I do think it's true they put songs in their back pocket, and if those don't get used I don't see any harm in releasing old demos more officially like Radiohead. That was an amazing release and some wonderful fan service and I pray Coldplay would give us that love.

Coldplay and Radiohead's demos are similar in many ways. We've known about them for years, most have been leaked in full, and many are pretty much done. Man Of War was hidden for years but then was released, and was spectacular. The AHFOD demos you mention are really good - they could probably release them as they are now and it would be fan service.

And hopefully they'd throw in a soundboard version of A Wave and Life Is Beautiful too...

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope they also give us an extended version of the Biutyful outro that they did in the early few shows of the tour, and which is also in the music video before the post credits scene. The guitar on that outro is just so good; I hate that the outro isn't part of the song!

Wishful thinking though, I know. They definitely won't have an outro for Biutyful in their next album πŸ˜…

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Suhit said:

I hope they also give us an extended version of the Biutyful outro that they did in the early few shows of the tour, and which is also in the music video before the post credits scene. The guitar on that outro is just so good; I hate that the outro isn't part of the song!

Wishful thinking though, I know. They definitely won't have an outro for Biutyful in their next album πŸ˜…

I doubt it'll be released unless they released an EP where alternate mixes could be justified. It certainly won't appear on the next album, although songs reappearing on multiple albums is a real thing - You And Me Always by The Wannadies appeared on both their first and second albums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Doomotron said:

I doubt it'll be released unless they released an EP where alternate mixes could be justified. It certainly won't appear on the next album, although songs reappearing on multiple albums is a real thing - You And Me Always by The Wannadies appeared on both their first and second albums.

True!

But going back on topic with this page, it definitely looks like the new LP or at least an EP is coming out very soon. It's starting to look like way too much promo just for a tour. We've got two known interviews coming up in the next 24hrs, so let's see what comes out of that!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Suhit said:

True!

But going back on topic with this page, it definitely looks like the new LP or at least an EP is coming out very soon. It's starting to look like way too much promo just for a tour. We've got two known interviews coming up in the next 24hrs, so let's see what comes out of that!

I generally don't keep up with these things; is it normal for Coldplay to go on an interview spree before announcing something new?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At this point it seems a bit unpredictable, what exactly and when it's going to happen. Announcing just 4 US and Canada dates at this point is a bit confusing. I was kind of expecting a lot more. Considering they have sold out already all the shows for this year and probably wouldn't struggle selling out these 4 new dates + maybe a few extra dates, they might as well just ride on with old stuff until the end of this year. Then after that release something new, announce further dates for 2024 and use new music to support selling out new dates. This might be one alternative scenario, but it's totally unpredictable.

There is still reasons to be excited for February with SNL performance, Grammys and Brits coming up, as it is one of the potential windows for presenting something new.

At least on ColdplayXtra interview they said their next release is on schedule, it means that in August 2022 they might have had a release date for MOTS vol 2 (or whatever it's going to be called exactly) on their mind, which also means back then already this release must have been close to completion. So, let's see how it's going to play out.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • stephen changed the title to πŸŒ• Coldplay - Moon Music Music of the Spheres vol ii
  • stephen changed the title to πŸŒ• Coldplay: Moon Music πŸŒ• | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion
  • stephen pinned this topic
15 hours ago, Doomotron said:

I generally don't keep up with these things; is it normal for Coldplay to go on an interview spree before announcing something new?

I think they've been doing that off late. But not necessarily close to the release date.

But either way, they did just announce the name of MOTS vol. 2: Moon Music. But they also said that it's a while away. So at this point, I don't really know what to think! πŸ˜…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty wild how Chris just drops info out of the blue in random interviews. It's like htat one time he said "we have an album called A Head Full of Dreams" a whole year before it dropped.

I'm feeling hopeful we'll get new music soon given the upcoming SNL performance, and maybe that single could start getting incorporated in live shows this Spring leading into a proper album release this summer. That said, his tone was making think it would be a while longer.Β 

In terms of this being volume ii, I don't know what to think. Moon Music is an interesting title for sure. Like MOTS you can interpret it in different ways. I had initially hoped MOTS would be a solar system-themed space epic. Now with Moon Music, I want to believe it's a cool space jazzy lo-fi album with lots of big alternative rock grooves, but realistically it will just be like MOTS II but with different features...Β 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wasn't Coldplay in the studio with some Jazz legends with some folks recently?

Chris is so hard to read - would they really sit on an album for an entire year given their 3 year plan here through 2025? I think more likely this is a 2H 2023 release - and maybe a single in June or something like that? So a "bit of time" could mean like 10 months but not necessarily in 2024?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that's a safe bet... The more idealistic vision would be them dropping a new single on SNL next weekend to start building the hype for volume ii.

From a marketing perspective, they are going to get a lot of free attention at the Grammys because of their nomination and possible performance -- so you want to be giving folks something to jump to do, like buy concert tickets or stream new music. They could just be new tour dates, but the hopeful side of me thinks having MOTS up for a grammy is the perfect time to say "we got another album coming, here's a single, MOTS lives on"

I'm leaning towards a new single next week, personally but trying to not get my hopes up.Β 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

Pretty wild how Chris just drops info out of the blue in random interviews. It's like htat one time he said "we have an album called A Head Full of Dreams" a whole year before it dropped.

I'm feeling hopeful we'll get new music soon given the upcoming SNL performance, and maybe that single could start getting incorporated in live shows this Spring leading into a proper album release this summer. That said, his tone was making think it would be a while longer.Β 

In terms of this being volume ii, I don't know what to think. Moon Music is an interesting title for sure. Like MOTS you can interpret it in different ways. I had initially hoped MOTS would be a solar system-themed space epic. Now with Moon Music, I want to believe it's a cool space jazzy lo-fi album with lots of big alternative rock grooves, but realistically it will just be like MOTS II but with different features...Β 

Off topic but would you link me the interview where he revealed A Head Full of Dreams?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GamingForeverAUS said:

Hype, Chris confirmed that a new song will be on the setlist by September so its likely there will be a single release hopefully?? Please don't be like Life in Beautiful or Spanish Rain...

Where'd you hear this? Thanks!

Exciting news nonetheless!!! Most optimistic - we get Coloratura Pt 2, least optimistic - Moon = Angel Moon and it's a ton of songs like Cry Cry Cry and Biuytiful.Β 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Where'd you hear this? Thanks!

Exciting news nonetheless!!! Most optimistic - we get Coloratura Pt 2, least optimistic - Moon = Angel Moon and it's a ton of songs like Cry Cry Cry and Biuytiful.Β 

Recent interview u can find it on YT - i can't remember which one it was

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Where'd you hear this? Thanks!

Exciting news nonetheless!!! Most optimistic - we get Coloratura Pt 2, least optimistic - Moon = Angel Moon and it's a ton of songs like Cry Cry Cry and Biuytiful.Β 

Β 

Edited by dxm3557
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Γ—
Γ—
  • Create New...