🪐 MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH 🛰

Music Of The Spheres Volume 2 - We Might As Well...

Yes, I know Volume 1 has just come out. Yes, I know Volume 2 isn't officially confirmed yet. But I guess someone has to make this thread at some point, and I haven't started a 'big thread' in my whole time on Coldplaying.

MOTSv1 was a missed opportunity for many people. I liked the album, but many people are indifferent to or dislike the album. My old MOTS tracklist thread was hilariously wrong, although I did correctly guess the leaked lyrics were for Higher Power. Crucially, the two songs I expected the most, The Race and Lethal Drug, didn't appear, and neither did other predictions for Car Kids (which would have made sense, considering MOTS is set in the same universe as Mylo Xyloto), a new song called UFO which presumably had nothing in common with the MX version, and an alternate version of Us Against The World. Life Is Beautiful, a popular candidate, also didn't appear. There were also rumblings of a song called The Rocket. Perhaps some or all of these songs could appear on MOTSv2.

Another point to consider is the spheres themselves. It remains to be seen if MOTSv2 will use the same planets as Volume 1, or if we'll get a new set of planets. And what about the languages? And the cover art? Obviously we're a long way off - at minimum the album will come out around this time next year - but if there's one thing I love on these forums it's speculating and getting things completely wrong. I expect this thread will die before coming back to life later on, but I'm posting it now... 😄

• Like 1

I know that more bands are using this new strategy today. I don't follow Imagine Dragons but I've seen they have released an Act I but I don't know how they re dealing the comunication of an Act II.

Normally second parts come after a few months, not years, so I guess we will know more about MOTS vol.2 quite soon. maybe right after LSG will come out as single (December?)

17 hours ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

Anyone else think #1 (in alien kaotican) in every Coldplay music video referral to volume 1?? I just thought about it… 

That's a superb observation, thanks for mentioning it. I would've forgotten that detail.

I just hope for the 2nd volume Coldplay releases whatever plans they had for the Aurora planet song or musical mofitive piece... (I'm not entirely sure).

• Like 2

Some baseless speculation: if Coloratura is the nebula of the spheres, maybe the next set of planets will start from there. Maybe we'll get a Coloratura Part 2 or something like that...

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Doomotron said:

Some baseless speculation: if Coloratura is the nebula of the spheres, maybe the next set of planets will start from there. Maybe we'll get a Coloratura Part 2 or something like that...

Coloratura is described as the afterlife, so... What is beyond it?

On 11/18/2021 at 11:16 PM, gustavothehuman said:

Coloratura is described as the afterlife, so... What is beyond it?

Coloratura is a planetary nebula, which means, in scientific terms, that it leads to new systems or even galaxies. So, Coloratura might be the gateway for new songs! (I hope).

• Like 2