✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life era leaks

15 minutes ago, FadingWest said:

I don’t think the “how often do I miss you?” song is Flags, tempo is faster and while it’s in a similar key it doesn’t have the same chord progression. Pretty sure it’s a new song entirely

That's why I said it's potentially a demo but when I heard the guitar I instantly thought of Flags

5 minutes ago, rcktsky said:

that the one with "When you feel like you're hurt, nothing" is Back To Life but only time will tell...

If you're talking about the MOTS era song then that's very interesting to think about

7 minutes ago, rcktsky said:

could be one of those "The Man Who Swears" to "POTP" type situation. I was corrected once and it's apparently the demo for Everyday Life. I'm fairly certain that its an early version of Flags and that the one with "When you feel like you're hurt, nothing" is Back To Life but only time will tell...

Where’d you hear that? Definitely curious, hopefully we’ll get to hear full versions sometime soon!

the thing that frustrates me right now is WHAT THE HELL IS HE SAYING IN THAT CHURCH DEMO?????????

"Im to the rescue, and you woke up to-"
"Until the rescue, in your walk a tempestuous wind??"

TEMPESTUOUS: describe violent weather, but it can also figuratively describe something that just has the characteristics of such blustery and turbulent weather.

18 minutes ago, FadingWest said:

Arabesque is on YouTube, description says they’re gonna upload Weirdo soon too

Yeah I upload it 😅 (then I also uploaded Weirdo)

I'm asking because the ones I uploaded are not of excellent quality, because I put together the various instrument tracks of the songs.
So where can I find the "original" versions + the other snippets? (apart from the site, since it doesn't work for me)

10 minutes ago, Stimpler said:

Yeah I upload it 😅 (then I also uploaded Weirdo)

I'm asking because the ones I uploaded are not of excellent quality, because I put together the various instrument tracks of the songs.
So where can I find the "original" versions + the other snippets? (apart from the site, since it doesn't work for me)

just be careful, uploading demos avoiding copyright strikes is really risky

23 minutes ago, szymixsiorek said:

just be careful, uploading demos avoiding copyright strikes is really risky

Yes but it didn't even give me the copyright claim, is it still risky?

On 2/2/2024 at 10:45 PM, lennyrott1 said:

Thanks everyone for your detective work on this thread. I love nerding out over what could have been or what could be.

Both demos are really ... demos. They both contain terrific incredible moments and ideas. I prefer the evolution of Arabesque we got and think the original would have been recieved as pure cultural appropriate tbh but I hope they revisit some of that acoustic guitar riff. Also, the heavy guitar outro is a proper rock song that could still resurface maybe in the teased song Robots?

Weirdo is a bit harder to define. It's a genre they haven't done a lot of outside of maybe Champion of the World and Flags. I think the verses are really good. The piano reminds me of "believe it or not, I'm walking on air!" I think the chorus doesn't hit as hard as they probably want but I could see this resurface big time. The outro, of course, is gorgeous. 

Funnily enough Weirdo is the song that Chris Martin says is one of their best ones 

Itching? I legit cant sleep thinking that there's a list of music worthy of an extended play from Everyday Life that's just out there and some guy who has it is probably listening the flip out of it.. 

First version for Arabesque is quite surprising, I was expecting for something darker. The first section (olive tree) actually sounds like a Travis song, a mix of Closer and Love Will Come through. It's a nice version too, but I'm glad they rather focused on the second section that we all know.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Xyloband_99 said:

I think Arabesque demo is like a first attemp of a song like Coloratura but in Everyday Life theme. Olive Tree part is really worth being released as a seperate song.

It could have been a separate track on EL it fits and actually it makes more sense to be called Arabesque than the EL version, the instrumentation really sounds like kinda an arabic song

9 minutes ago, Galal said:

It could have been a separate track on EL it fits and actually it makes more sense to be called Arabesque than the EL version, the instrumentation really sounds like kinda an arabic song

I think it sounds more like Aegean rather than Arabic. Instrumentally it has some Greek-Turkish vibes. Olive trees live around Greece and aegean part of Turkey so it makes more sense. Also about Everyday Life it has been confirmed by Turkish authorities that Coldplay would do the sunrise and sunset live stream in Ephesus. But government didn't let them to do it because of the risk that sounds can damage the artifacts there and they went on with Amman Citadel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1