✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Moon Music: Music of the Spheres Volume 2

Doomotron

We might get quite a few remixes/alt versions if the HP and MU releases are anything to go by, but I wouldn't expect any extra songs. 

I'm still thinking the single will be released next week and the video a week after. None of the MOTS singles launched with a music video, unless you count the shipping container version of Higher Power. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What kinda make me confused about FLIFIL was some soundchecks that happened 2 days ago, like the guitar and drums exploding together here ( In the first video is like 1:37 and on the second vídeo like..30 seconds or 40 seconds) https://x.com/coldplayisrael/status/1799439422708179323/video/1

I dont see from the snippets from today the same feeling... maybe Im wrong

Everything I’m seeing based on the credits for this song suggests it’s the same production team as MotS. Definitely disappointing. I don’t see Brian Eno listed anywhere, either. 😞 That said, I like what I’m hearing from this clip more than most of what I heard on the last album. It’s hard to extrapolate of course, the rest of the song could sound like anything but I’m cautiously optimistic. I came in pretty down on Moon Music but I have hopes based on what I’ve heard of Feels Like I’m Faling in Love and All My Love thus far.  

Edited by HowCouldIForget
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, britishCP said:

Just returned from the Herodion Theatre in Athens where the video for the song Feels Like I'm Falling In Love was filmed a couple of hours ago...

I agree with all the things you mention above. The song has a Mylo Xyloto vibe combined with MOTS vibes... I would say its sound is something between Higher Power and My Universe.

That sounds really terrible... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

God I didn't mean to make it sound so bad... (Although I love Higher Power... OK I admit I am not very fond of My Universe...). When I wrote "the sound" I meant more the style of music, the rhythm etc, and not the sound from a production point of view.

FLIFIL is a very catchy song (OK we heard the full song like 6 times and snippets of it another 20 times or so last night, everything would be catchy if you heard it so many time in a row). However, I genuinely liked it. The whole Odeon of Herodes was humming the song as we were leaving. It is a surefire hit.

So is our picture about the tracklist of MM any clearer now? I would love it if "The Only One" made it to the album (its lyrics would definitely match the whole moon-sun-stars concept), but at this point I am not sure The Only One will be included in MM.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

As a long-time Coldplay fan, I think this will be a real earworm. I haven't had such a good feeling since ETIAW. I'm excited about the whole album. The potential second single will definitely be Good Feelings... I also think that FLIFIL will be released on Friday... or rather, I hope so. The video will be out 1-2 weeks later.

1 hour ago, britishCP said:

God I didn't mean to make it sound so bad... (Although I love Higher Power... OK I admit I am not very fond of My Universe...). When I wrote "the sound" I meant more the style of music, the rhythm etc, and not the sound from a production point of view.

FLIFIL is a very catchy song (OK we heard the full song like 6 times and snippets of it another 20 times or so last night, everything would be catchy if you heard it so many time in a row). However, I genuinely liked it. The whole Odeon of Herodes was humming the song as we were leaving. It is a surefire hit.

So is our picture about the tracklist of MM any clearer now? I would love it if "The Only One" made it to the album (its lyrics would definitely match the whole moon-sun-stars concept), but at this point I am not sure The Only One will be included in MM.

This is not 100% confirmed to be the final tracklist by any means, but it's the closest we've got for now. 

1 🌙
2 Man in the Moon
3 Jupiter 
4 Good Feelings
5 All My Love
6 Neon Forest 
🎶
8 Angel Song
9 Supernova (feat. Little Simz) 
10 Feels Like I'm Falling In Love
11 One World

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2024 at 11:28 PM, britishCP said:

Hi guys,

These past 4 days have been an absolute blast!

I was at the fans meetup in Athens on Friday, indeed Phil Harvey and the official photographer (Anna Lee) were there. We were lucky to listen (through headphones of course) to FLIFIL for the first time. Phil said it's gonna come out in a few weeks. I also heard him say that he believes Moon Music is the band's best album to date "with every song being as good as the last" and that in this album the band explores the full spectrum of their capabilities etc

Went to both concerts at the Olympic stadium (seated on Saturday, early entry on Sunday). No surprises on the setlists. The only new song played was a song called All My Love, played yesterday as a moron, almost a minute before the end of Biutyful (and of the show), tried to climb onto the a-stage and fell (taking with him a few lights). Of course Chris acted like a professional, immediately stopped the show, asked if that guy was fine, and then made a few jokes ("that was impressive", "he's not dead, is he?"). Then they played All My Love (not bad, I expect to hear the final version when ready. It reminded me of "True Love" a bit (the chord progression was the same I think in a couple of parts of the song). Oh, they also played Politik yesterday (it had been a while since they played that on MOTS tour) and Don't Panic on c-stage.

Just returned from the Herodion Theatre in Athens where the video for the song Feels Like I'm Falling In Love was filmed a couple of hours ago...

I agree with all the things you mention above. The song has a Mylo Xyloto vibe combined with MOTS vibes... I would say its sound is something between Higher Power and My Universe. The audience participated with enthusiasm, Chris said the video (and therefore the song) will come out in about two weeks (so most probably on June 21st).

Hmm I wonder what the tracklist of Moon Music will be. Assuming "All My Love" is also in the album, I guess there are not many spots left... Is it possible that "The Only One" will not be included in the album?

The main question is JONNY audible 

• Love 2

Hmmm good question... To be honest I can't remember if the guitar sound is clearly audible... It's there all right, but don't expect X&Y era clarity... The guitar kind of blends in with all the other sounds (some of which are a bit "synthetic"?). If you heard the FLIFIL snippet, the rest of the song isn't much different as far as the sound is concerned.

On a side note, I guess everyone has now seen on YouTybe the new song played in the 2nd Athens concert called "All My Love". Is it just me or does the last part of the chorus sound EXACTLY like the chorus of "True Love"? I am talking about the part where in "True Love" the lyrics say "if you don't then liiieeee, oh liiiieeeee to me...". Although it's by no means a bad song, the resemblance to "True Love" kind of annoyed me when I heard it in the stadium.

Edited by britishCP
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, britishCP said:

Hmmm good question... To be honest I can't remember if the guitar sound is clearly audible... It's there all right, but don't expect X&Y era clarity... The guitar kind of blends in with all the other sounds (some of which are a bit "synthetic"?). If you heard the FLIFIL snippet, the rest of the song isn't much different as far as the sound is concerned.

On a side note, I guess everyone has now seen on YouTybe the new song played in the 2nd Athens concert called "All My Love". Is it just me or does the last part of the chorus sound EXACTLY like the chorus of "True Love"? I am talking about the part where in "True Love" the lyrics say "if you don't then liiieeee, oh liiiieeeee to me...". Although it's by no means a bad song, the resemblance to "True Love" kind of annoyed me when I heard it in the stadium.

You are right the song sound like a true love 

2 hours ago, Lunarida said:

Does anyone know where this picture of the potential tracklist actually came from?

Moon music.jpeg

Yes, it was a now-edited YouTube video about Ayra Starr's process of making her album. This was the link:

On 5/22/2024 at 8:39 PM, Zetherio said:

If you're wondering where I got the tracklist from, I got it from here: https://youtu.be/JN26m8OZ0gE?si=_EoHPcBP7Zky9dY8&t=237

Edited by Jonan
  • Love 1