📡 HIGHER POWER MUSIC VIDEO OUT JUNE 8 📡

The Franz Ferdinand Thread

FRANZ :dazzled:

This band is great! Any news on the new album?

They're playing at a bunch of European festivals this summer (more to be announced, maybe), but there hasn't been any other news about the next album so far. They're a band I definitely need to see.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This band is great! Any news on the new album?

Apparently they are in the studio (oh yes!). According to Alex's twitter "We have written a stack of songs and have started recording at sausage studios (the wurst sound in London)."

I'll see them this summer. I'm very excited about it. I hope i'll listen to new songs

• 4 months later...
How good is 'take me out??' this band is gonna be huge!!! their debut single 'darts of pleasure' isn't bad either.

>>>the albums out feb 9th!!! can't wait!!!

Wow. I forgot I made this thread back in the day.....still haven't got around to listening to the 3rd album :(

Wow. I forgot I made this thread back in the day.....still haven't got around to listening to the 3rd album :(

It's patchy. Nothing new exciting or bold, mostly miss with a couple of hits.

The 8-minute Lucid Dreams beats the shit out of every song on that album. Masterpiece.

• 10 months later...

A little news for the it's about damn time column...*

Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action

26 August 2013 UK

27 August 2013 US

Right Action

Evil Eye

Love Illumination

Stand on the Horizon

Fresh Strawberries

Bullet

Treason! Animals

The Universe Expanded

Brief Encounters

Goodbye Lovers & Friends

*Just kidding Franz Ferdinand. You take as much time as you need.

• 4 weeks later...

Listen: Franz Ferdinand: "Love Illumination" and "Right Action"

Franz Ferdinand will release their new album Right Thoughts, Right Words, Right Action on Domino on August 27 in the U.S. and August 26 in the UK. It's their first release in four years. Today they let go of two new tracks, "Right Action" and "Love Illumination". The former was produced by Joe Goddard and Alexis Taylor from Hot Chip and mixed by Dave Fridmann.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWjN1GctWog]Franz Ferdinand - Love Illumination (Official Audio) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZa-FHRmoGg]Franz Ferdinand - Right Action (Official Audio) - YouTube[/ame]

http://pitchfork.com/news/51310-listen-franz-ferdinand-love-illumination-and-right-action/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FF is going to Taiwan to have a gig in November this year. Some of my friends are going to attend.

However, I never listen to FF's music. Do you have any suggestions.. songs for beginners? :lol:

Thank you so much. :)

• 4 weeks later...