📺 STREAM COLDPLAY AT GLASTONBURY 2002 REMASTERED IN HD 📺
LifeIs4Living

The official **KEANE** thread

I agree, definately. Everybody's got their problems, regardless of the fact that they go up on stage every night or not. It's just sometimes it's easy to forget while you're in the midst of hero worshipping someone....! ;)

You're absolutely right..

I must confess i have found myself in some of their songs too :)

Ok, this might be sort of random, but I thought I might as well get a semi-discussion going on.

I was watching the Strangers DVD last night (the tour doc) and something Tim said stood out to me "Sometimes I get horribly depressed". Now, he could have been saying this in jest, but I don't know. I'm listening to 'Snowed Under' right now, and I feel like I just know exactly what this song is about (I've suffered with depression, as well). So, do you people think that Tim might actually be depressed (not MAJORLY, or anything, just wondering)? It means absoluetly nothing to me, but it'd actually be kind of interesting for me to know. I've taken a lot of the songs and applied them to my life, my feelings, and it'd be kind of cool to know that they actually WERE written about that. Or something.

You can't be a musical genious and be perfectly sane at the same time. Tim is truly the powerhouse behind Keane. He reminds me of Robert Smith from the Cure in terms of songwriting style and a disconnection from the world vibe. To us, he seems like a wreck but fine in his own mind. Depressing minds make for great music, just wonder what his wife thinks off all this.

god, i'm listening to Is It Any Wonder!!!! :o

EDIT:

it's different but i really like it :smiley: can't wait to hear the whole album :nice:

No you're not! I heard it through the webstream (of course no radio station in Iceland will play it so soon :/ ..) and after a few listens i liked it. It is not as catchy as the songs of their first album but it is a grower and i really liked it. Really U2-esque. Can't wait for the rest of the album :)

so we've heard 4 songs of the new album and i think they're all pretty good.

Try Again is my personal favourite

Yes it's Keane....

I'm a bit dissapointed...

yep i'm dissapointed as well. i think its too fast for keane. and tom sounds a bit more different.

actually it's not that bad in my opinion (unfortunately U2 influenced...forgive me U2 fans, lol :curtain:), i'm looking forward to hear the new stuff...but i think IIAW definitely too weak for to be a single... :sick:

"Is It Any Wonder?" was one of my most anticipated songs of the year. Now that I finally heard it, I'm just like WHY?! It's not a good song in my opinion, and by Keane standards it's awful. It remind me of "Vertigo" mixed with like Boyzone. I know they're capable of much better. I'm still really looking forward to their album, but my expections are definitely lowered now. Sorry for the rant lol.

is Is It Any Wonder? the only song available now??

another question.. there's any good keane forum .. besides the official one??

is Is It Any Wonder? the only song available now??

do you mean from the new album?

no, keane peformed 3 other songs from the new album live: nothing in your way, hamburg song and try again

and to your other question: there is another good forum http://onelasttenderli.kazorum.com/onelasttenderli.html

but this forum has not so many visiters i think

yep i'm dissapointed as well. i think its too fast for keane. and tom sounds a bit more different.

A little bit like Bono, don't you think? But I like the new Keane sound :)

A little bit like Bono' date=' don't you think? But I like the new Keane sound :)[/quote']

many ppl think, tom sounds like bono now. but i don't think so. he sounds like the good old tom and not like bono at all.

but i'm glad that the new album will be not a record full of ballads like hamburg song.

i think hamburg song is a bit to slow for my taste.

many ppl think, tom sounds like bono now. but i don't think so. he sounds like the good old tom and not like bono at all.

but i'm glad that the new album will be not a record full of ballads like hamburg song.

i think hamburg song is a bit to slow for my taste.

I agree with Hamburg Song. It would have been a very boring album.

When I listened to the IIAW for the first time, I just thought : 'It's not like U2 as they say.' But then I heard it for 4 times and I heard that it's like U2 a little bit. But the opinions are different for every person.

I agree with Hamburg Song. It would have been a very boring album.

When I listened to the IIAW for the first time, I just thought : 'It's not like U2 as they say.' But then I heard it for 4 times and I heard that it's like U2 a little bit. But the opinions are different for every person.

i have to say, i've listen to the new song only one time. but i still think keane doesn't sound like u2 now.

but let's see what the whole album brings ;)

i have to say, i've listen to the new song only one time. but i still think keane doesn't sound like u2 now.

but let's see what the whole album brings ;)

Yes, I can't wait next 61 days!! :)

Yes' date=' I can't wait next 61 days!! :)[/quote']

you're counting the days ? lol

are you going to a gig? i would go to berlin but i can't go