✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Salka, Starálfur and Í Gaer ... :heart:

same! starálfur always gets me. it's so powerful it's amazing! love love love :heart:

btw annie, if there is nothing else you take away from this site, make sure you experience the magic that is SR. definitely start with takk... if i remember, i'll upload it tomorrow.

Í Gaer scared me a bit. :lol:

This drum...uh...after the bells. lol :D

yeah... it did the same to me when i watched a video including it .... :D but ... it's great....

same! starálfur always gets me. it's so powerful it's amazing! love love love :heart:

btw annie, if there is nothing else you take away from this site, make sure you experience the magic that is SR. definitely start with takk... if i remember, i'll upload it tomorrow.

yeah.... Starálfur was my favourite song :heart: :wacko:

*raises hand to get a full version of Glósóli*

news (fréttir) nav_leaf.gif new album update

14 November 2007

in an interview in today’s fréttablaðið newspaper, orri revealed that sigur rós will begin recording brand new songs for their fifth lp next week. producer flood, best known for producing albums by bands such as the smashing pumpkins, u2, pj harvey and nick cave, will be joining the band in iceland to record the album. this time around the band will not be recording in their sundlaugin studio, but in a makeshift studio in a house in downtown reykjavík. the band has written the foundations for several songs already. orri told fréttablaðið: “we don’t know where we’re heading yet. at the moment we only have song ideas, which always end up changing once we begin recording them.”

:P

Yay! I can't wait for new Sigur Ros! I can't wait to see them live again, they are so amazing, best concert I have ever seen!

• 2 weeks later...

Sigur Rós: What are your top ten songs?

I'm working on comprising a Top 20 Sigur Rós songs, but I figured asking everyone here for a Top 20 would be a bit extreme, so let's just go with 10. Here's mine:

1. Glósóli

2. Starálfur

3. Hoppípolla

4. Untitled 3 (Samskeyti)

5. Untitled 1 (Vaka)

6. Svefn-g-englar

7. Sigur Rós + Dögun (they kind of have to be listened to back to back)

8. Untitled 4 (Njósnavelin)

9. Untitled 8 (Poplaggið)

10. Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása

I'm working on comprising a Top 20 Sigur Rós songs, but I figured asking everyone here for a Top 20 would be a bit extreme, so let's just go with 10. Here's mine:

1. Glósóli

2. Starálfur

3. Hoppípolla

4. Untitled 3 (Samskeyti)

5. Untitled 1 (Vaka)

6. Svefn-g-englar

7. Sigur Rós + Dögun (they kind of have to be listened to back to back)

8. Untitled 4 (Njósnavelin)

9. Untitled 8 (Poplaggið)

10. Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása

i agree with most of the tracks on that list, perhaps not the order but can't believe gong isn't there :stunned: it's like the song!

I'm so excited, I;m getting the new SIgur Ros DVD soon, Question: does anyone who has downloaded Hvarf have the song Salka, what I find is every downloaded version contains a live version of Salka, but the real CD contains a studio performance is this true?

I'm so excited, I;m getting the new SIgur Ros DVD soon, Question: does anyone who has downloaded Hvarf have the song Salka, what I find is every downloaded version contains a live version of Salka, but the real CD contains a studio performance is this true?

where did you hear about it being recorded/live?

i got the dvd yesterday. oh god is it good. i'm considering buying a second copy.

where did you hear about it being recorded/live?

i got the dvd yesterday. oh god is it good. i'm considering buying a second copy.

i was going to get heima yesterday but got swamped with shopping. i will though. i held off getting () for way too long but we learn from our mistakes lol. Will must be thrilled though, he's probably overplayed it to the point he needs to get another copy :tongue:

I got heima too, wondering if anyone is confused with the DVD map, Disc 1 contains the actual movie with a lot of scenic shots correct?

And Disc 2 contains the same songs live, except for one or two extras, without all the scenic shots and more live shots correct? I can't find much difference between the two discs. I heard that some copies of heima have two disc 1's but my disc menu is different on each disc...