busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read this: :)

nav_leaf.gif north america and japan tour

19 June 2008

in september and october the band will tour the united states, canada and japan. starting in new york city in mid september and finishing in tokyo on the 26th of october. the full list is here.

presales for the american and canadian dates will start tomorrow morning (friday june 20th) at 9am new york time on klink.is. general ticket sales (aswell as any possible presales if you have the password) will be on ticketmaster.com over the next few days and weeks.

we will have ticketing information about the japanese tour as soon as we get it.

I see the person who did the review for the album in the news of the world missed the point of the band

Why do you think so? :D

After 3 weeks of listening, I´m still not sure if I like the album or not. Something is missing, and I don´t know what. Maybe bowed guitar. Or longer songs with beautiful 3 minute intros...

IMO, the best songs on the album are Festival, Godan daginn, Međ suđ i eyrum, Fljotavik and Ara batur.

I want another album...

I'll be seeing them in just over a month! I'm so excited! :dance:

That setlist looked pretty great. I'm sure it'll be mindblowing and seeing them live will be some side of magic itself. After all this time, hearing others' accounts of their shows, watching Heima and wow, I still get chills sometimes hearing their tracks (old and new).

I would still love it if they played Gong or Glosoli though. Even Staralfur would be fantastic.

After 3 weeks of listening, I´m still not sure if I like the album or not. Something is missing, and I don´t know what. Maybe bowed guitar. Or longer songs with beautiful 3 minute intros...

IMO, the best songs on the album are Festival, Godan daginn, Međ suđ i eyrum, Fljotavik and Ara batur.

I want another album...

yeah in part i m agree with you...

but album still great :nice:

what songs do you recomend? (other than hopppipolla, svefn..., agaetis <or however you spell it> and gobbledigook)

some songs that I like by them are:

-Untitled 2 [off ()]

-Untitled 4 [off ()]

-Saeglopur (off Takk)

-Olsen Olsen (Off Agaetis Byrjun)

-Ny Batteri (Agaetis Byrjun)

what songs do you recomend? (other than hopppipolla, svefn..., agaetis <or however you spell it> and gobbledigook)

gong, staralfur, glosoli, Untitled 3 (Samskeyti),... these are a definite must, but honestly, they have too many amazing songs ;)

I want another album...

I know what you mean in that I had to give it a lot of listens before it started coming into its own.

I swear I felt I'd heard Festival before though, there just seems something extremely familiar about this song, almost like it's a Part II of a previous track. Anyway, I've come to love Gobbledigook more than I anticipated :stunned: All Alright is...wow. It all makes me want to drift off into another dreamy land of some sort :nice:

Their last album is just fantastic.

I'm having some problems rememering names of the songs and how to pronounce them :D

anyway the melody comes first and its mindblowing.

Well i might have a chance to see them live in Prague.

Over the past few days I've really "discovered" Sigur Ros. For the past month I planned on eventually picking up a C.D. since their name kept appearing on this forum alongside esteemed bands like Radiohead, Coldplay and the Verve. I was a bit embarrassed that I knew nothing about this 'Sigur Ros" so after looking up them up online, I purchased "( )" yesterday. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't gotten 100% through the album yet (about 80%) since I fell asleep listening to it last night...but I really like what I'm hearing and it's atmospheric, avante-garde minimalist vibes are growing on me by the hour (particularly "Samskeyti" and "njosjavelin".

In perfect timing, the documentary "Heima" was on tonight. Needless to say, it gave me chills. Now that I'm becoming familiar with their other songs and albums I feel obligated to pick up their three other big albums. It's really been a thrill being introduced to this awesome new (new to me) band. Not since Coldplay have I been so excited to discover a band.

^ I was relatively the same at first but I knew I'd have to give their new style a couple more plays through till the tracks start to develop into their own. Now, I love it :heart:

sigur ros playing in australia in less than 3 weeks. so excited! is anyone here going?

I'm seeing them in Melb, 1 August. Can't wait :D I'll meet Josh for the first time too, a fellow coldplayer. It'll be fantastic. I hear they'll play Hoppipola :)

By the way, I must mention Olsen Olsen. It is amazing. After all this time, it still gives me this magical feeling of floating across grassy plains of some sort with an Icelandic feel like that in Heima (basically takes me to some dreamland lol). I was thinking of it the other day, Sigur Ros' music is the kind that speaks entirely on its own. It needs no explaining, most of the fans have no idea what Jonsi is singing and yet we all feel how powerful it is. I don't know, I was having one of those reflecting-on-music moments. Anyway, I'm so excited to see them!