‘X Marks The Spot’ is Chris Martin’s Favourite Moment on ‘AHFOD’
Hidden track, ‘X Marks The Spot’ is perhaps the least hyped of all the tunes on Coldplay’s new album, ‘A Head Full Of Dreams’ but Chris Martin has named the mysterious track as his favourite moment on their seventh LP.
This comes from a new interview with The Rolling Stone, where the hidden finale of the album (after ‘Up&Up’) is described as ‘Chris spitting rhymes through a vocoder over drum loops’. The percussion on the song is very peciular indeed, according to Chris:
“Most of the instruments on that song didn’t exist when we made our first album”
The British frontman continued with:
“People who want us to be a rock band might be disappointed, but I don’t think we really are a rock band.”
Summary (New Info):
- North American tour in Summer of 2016
- Chris on U.S. tour: “I think it will feature some jazz fusion for six or seven hours” (Jokes!)
- Blue Ivy (Jay-Z’s daughter) added to the credits on club stomper, ‘Hymn For The Weekend’
- Handing in demo’s to Stargate before they could be produced felt demanding and like “being unsigned”, according to Chris Martin.
- ‘A Head Full Of Dreams’ is “quite a hippie album”, according to Chris