UPDATE: The O2 pre-sale for the 2012 UK stadium tour has now sold out, according to the O2priority website!
Last week Coldplay announced a UK tour for next year, playing stadiums in Coventry, London, Sunderland and Manchester - in that order - and priority tickets for O2 customers go on sale from 9am GMT (Wednesday), with the general sale following on Friday. Are you applying for priority tickets - and if so how many are you going to get? We want to hear your story at the Coldplay Live now!
To apply, text COLDPLAY to 2020 during the 'Offer Period' (texts sent to 2020 are free. O2 customers only). The offer period is from 9am Wednesday 16 November 2011 until 9am Friday 18 November 2011 or until tickets sell out. A maximum of six tickets are allowed per transaction (person). O2 UK have already teamed up with Coldplay ahead of these shows with a television advertisment campaign promoting Priority Tickets for O2 customers. The campaign runs from 11th November and will include TV, radio, print and digital media activity. The advert campaign is led by a new version of O2's 'The Walk' ad, following Coldplay on their journey from the dressing room to the stage. The advert has already run in a full 60 second slot during ITV's The X Factor last Saturday (12th November). O2's 'The Walk' series of ads have followed a number of artists on their walk to the stage, including Gorillaz, Foo Fighters, Jon Bon Jovi and JLS.
Coldplay will play a string of football stadiums to kickstart their tour in support of Mylo Xyloto, beginning with Coventry's Ricoh Arena on May 29th. They then head to London, where they will play at the Emirates Stadium on June 1st and 2nd, before moving on to play at Sunderland's Stadium of Light on June 7th and ending the brief tour in Manchester at the city's Etihad Stadium on June 9th. General sale Coldplay tickets for the shows then go on sale on Friday November 18th.
Tickets will once again be expected to be in high demand - remember that back in September several major sites - including those of Ticketmaster and Seetickets - appeared to have sold out all three of the December UK Coldplay shows shortly after they went on sale. Coldplay are due to play Glasgow SECC on December 3rd, Manchester's MEN Arena on December 4th and the O2 Arena in London on December 9th - all were sold out in just a few seconds as an estimated 100,000 fans flocked to the Internet to try and get their hands on scarce tickets for the shows.
Coldplay Priority Ticket Offer Terms and Conditions
1) Priority Tickets - Priority Tickets are reserved as Priority Tickets for O2 customers from the general public sale of tickets. There are a limited number of Priority Tickets available for purchase via this method. Tickets will be sold on a 'first come first served' basis. O2's Priority Ticket Offer does not guarantee access to the best seats. The Priority Tickets will be comprised of a broad range of seats for each show and when purchasing tickets, customers have the option to choose where to sit from the range of seats available within the Priority Ticket allocation.
2) Offer Period - The Priority Ticket Offer will only be available for the period set out above or until the total number of Priority Tickets available for that gig are sold out, if earlier. Applications for tickets received after this date and time will not be successful. The Offer Period may coincide with the general public sale of tickets and, if so, customers may also wish to attempt to purchase tickets through the general public sale of tickets.
3) O2 customers only - This Priority Ticket offer is open to anyone who is a customer of O2 on the day before the Offer Period starts. No third party or agency applications will be accepted. O2 reserves the right to verify the eligibility of applicants. O2 may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an applicant and the tickets may be withheld until and unless O2 is satisfied with the verification.
4) Applications and Purchase – When you apply by text you’ll receive a URL for the Priority Ticket promotions page on o2priority.co.uk/tickets which will give you the chance to buy tickets online from the authorised ticket seller during the Offer Period. Only one application per person is allowed. The Maximum Ticket Number indicated above is the maximum number of Priority Tickets that can be purchased per application. Standard ticket purchase policy applies to all ticket purchases. These will be provided when purchasing the tickets. Capacity restrictions may apply during busy periods.
5) Cancellation or refusal of ticket purchases - Ticket purchases may be refused or cancelled in the following circumstances:
-- More tickets than the Maximum Ticket Number are requested;
-- The total number of Priority Tickets for the gig have sold out;
-- The person attempting to purchase tickets does so outside of the Offer Period;
-- O2 or the ticket seller reasonably believe that the person attempting to purchase tickets has already applied for Priority Tickets to the gig; and/or
-- O2 or the ticket seller reasonably believe that the purpose of the purchase is to enable commercial re-sale of the tickets.
6) Venue Terms and Conditions - Entrance to the gig is subject to the standard conditions of entry specified by the applicable venue.
7) Cancellation - Gigs may occasionally be cancelled after publication of a Priority Ticket Offer for reasons outside O2's control. O2 will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information but O2 will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any gig.
9) The ticket seller's decision as to ticket allocations is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Applications and ticket purchases not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
10) O2 accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost, delayed or unprocessed online purchase transactions.
11) If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
12) O2 reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
13) This promotion is governed by English Law and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
14) The promoter of this Priority Ticket Offer is Telefónica UK Limited, 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4DX ("O2").
Kit yourself up for the forthcoming MX tour and get spotted with Coldplaying's new range of merchandise! [click on the items for the full shop]
The new range of Coldplaying merchanise (unofficial of course to the official shop) has hit our stores, with our biggest range of goods so far. Prices are as low as they can be for a Cafepress shop so more people will be able to afford them. We don't take any profits for the sale of the merchandise as a result. Take a browse in one of the online stores nearest to you: UK | US | Canada | Australia | European (shipping is worldwide, but you can choose what currency to pay in) - simply alter the country dropdown menu at the top of the shop page. [thanks to TracieMorgan and zzz]
There are no comments to display.