Coldplay's 2011 headline appearance has been voted the top Glastonbury moment by BBC Radio listeners this week. More discussion on this is at the Coldplay forum now [thanks Tash]
Coldplay's performance on the Pyramid Stage beat competition from Radiohead and Blur to top the vote. The shortlist was compiled by various BBC radio personalities including Nick Grimshaw, Dermot O'Leary and Jo Whiley. Radiohead's (2003) and Blur's (2009) Pyramid Stage appearances polled second and third respectively, with Bruce Springsteen's performance of Thunder Road in 2009 coming fourth. Sets from Stevie Wonder, Jay-Z and Elbow also featured in the top ten.
Jo Whiley - who submitted Coldplay's set - said: "Coldplay at Glastonbury 2011 is my absolute favourite moment. Knowing how much it meant to them - to be headlining a festival they grew up with and that they performed at in their infancy as a band - it was probably the biggest, most important gig of their careers and lives. Watching it and seeing them absolutely nail it with every song and with the staging and pyrotechnics, creating the most incredible atmosphere for the Glastonbury audience and not putting a foot wrong, or rather laughing when things did go awry. It made my heart swell right out of my ribcage. I could not have been happier for them. It was the perfect Pyramid headline set."
Check out the top ten in full below:
1. Coldplay headline the Pyramid Stage, 2011 - put forward by Jo Whiley
2. Radiohead headline the Pyramid Stage, 2003 – put forward by Zane Lowe
3. Blur headline the Pyramid Stage, 2009 - put forward by Steve Lamacq
4. Bruce Springsteen performs Thunder Road on the Pyramid Stage, 2009 - put forward by Dermot O'Leary
5. Elbow perform on the Pyramid Stage, 2011 - put forward by Stuart Maconie
6. Pulp perform on the Park Stage, 2011 - put forward by Chris Evans
7. Stevie Wonder headlines the Pyramid Stage, 2010 - put forward by Craig Charles
8. The Flaming Lips perform on the Pyramid Stage, 2003 - put forward by Lauren Laverne
9. Jay-Z performs 'Wonderwall' on the Pyramid Stage, 2008 - put forward by Gemma Cairney
10. Leonard Cohen performs 'Hallelujah' on the Pyramid Stage, 2008 - put forward by Mark Radcliffe
Watch the full Coldplay performance, plus a preview montage below: