✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

IT'S NOW OR NEVER

[Zwitterion]

It's now or never, today people have in their hands the pledge of save or destroy the world. This can be the last opportunity.

“Our generations are undoubtedly the last to have the ability to stop the destruction of the life around us” with these words the french president Jacques Chirac made an intense call to brake what looks will be the sixth especies' destruction since life apparition on earth, in the International Conference on Biodiversity: Science and Governance taking place at UNESCO Headquarters from January 24 to 28 of 2004 about a year before the United States refused again to firm Kyoto's procole.

Assisting to this petition, experts have made some recomendations that I think, we all must practise, we must have in mind that this is vital for the future of our planet, no matter if some big fools as the US' people do not want to help.

- Please do not waste water unnecessarily.

- Use in your house energy low consuption bulbs.

- Try to buy fresh products instead of packed ones then will be less residues to recycle.

- Try to buy recycled products.

-Use papers for both sides

- Plant a tree (or more!)

- Prefer the public transport, if you're buying a car look for one that would spend less gasoline (besides helping nature u're helping your wallet) and control regularly the gases emission. Vehicles have a big impact on the ecological problem: for each stripe is burned are liberated about 20 pounds of carbon dioxyde.

It's the time, to do something :)

Yuróchka

Man' date=' I am going to school to become an environmentalist, all these points are near to me. The sad reality is... most people do not care.[/quote']

most people don't care because they are blissfully unaware. I will give Mr Zwitterion credit for bringing the topics to light...

Laziness suggests knowledge of the issue but not inclination. I don't believe the average Joe has a clue about why the following are important, never mind how they may have a bearing on their existance

- Please do not waste water unnecessarily.

- Use in your house energy low consuption bulbs.

- Try to buy fresh products instead of packed ones then will be less residues to recycle.

- Try to buy recycled products.

-Use papers for both sides

- Plant a tree (or more!)

- Prefer the public transport, if you're buying a car look for one that would spend less gasoline (besides helping nature u're helping your wallet) and control regularly the gases emission. Vehicles have a big impact on the ecological problem: for each stripe is burned are liberated about 20 pounds of carbon dioxyde.

Until Joe is educated on their relevance environmentalism will fall on deaf ears.

bums aren't braindead, bums are lazy! There are plenty of people out there who can have an impact if only they knew something about the issues we're talking about. Take maketradefair and Coldplay for example. Until Chris Martin started writing on his hand and promoting the cause, what did Coldplay fans know about rice subsidies in Africa?

actually' date=' Chris Martin didn't know much about maketradefair at first, even when he started promoting it.[/quote']

exactly the point I think he was trying to make.. he educated himself on the issues and found something he felt he help make a difference in. I am sure he knew about the issues, but probably not as much as he does now. Visiting those 3rd world countries and how farmers are robbed (basically) of their crops.. so the message gets passed.. somewhat like our friend here is attempting to do.. honourable indeed..

I recycle..and I try to buy fair trade stuff when I can.. (when I can find it) but I refuse to use Nestle' or buy Starbucks if they dont offer the 'flavor of the month' which is usually 'fair trade coffee'. Hey, every little bit helps. right?

:)