✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The "coldplay guitar tuning"

Octakon

I'm playing the guitar and have learned many Coldplay songs by now, but only those with regular tuning. Can anyone tell me EXACTLY how I tune the gutar for Yellow? It it such a great song. Please help me.

PS: I think there should be a section in this forum for guitarist and piano players and people who have questions about how to play coldplay's music, anyone who agrees? :P

Thanks' date=' but how do you tune the guitar into E A B G B D#? I'm no good at different tunings... :P[/quote']

Eeek.. Hmmm... Well I guess my best advice would be to go out and buy a guitar tuner. You can find some that are fairly inexpensive I would imagine.. there are many different kinds.

I was lucky cause my acoustic guitar came with one built into it on the EQ board.... so.. I'm lucky I guess.

But yeah I'd suggest going to buy a tuner. They will help you a lot!

I'm not quite sure if I know what you mean for regular and alternative tunings? A guitar tuner is just going to tell you the note each string is tuned at so you can change it accordingly (by twisting the knobs where the strings are attached). As you twist the knobs the strings will change notes....

I don't know if I'm answering this question right. Anyway.. maybe you should just go down to your local music shop.. I'm sure any of the guitar people will be more than happy to explain and help!

Oh.. and when you are tuning the higher pitched strings, be sure to tune them slowly if you are going to a higher pitch cause they snap easier!

Which tuner do you recommend for both regular and alternative tunings? (a not so expensive one please) :D

If you're going to do alternate tunings you're going to need a chromatic tuner. The Boss TU-2 is one of the most popular, but that's not cheap. To be honest they're all much of a muchness, but go for one with a jack input and a built-in mic if you're going to use it with acoustic.