✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Long time.....

Simon7

Welcome back!

The forum is being really active lately.

There are two threads where we discuss all rumors and talk about all the news we get to hear:

https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-registered-coldplay-songs.121784/

https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/lp8-thread.110824/

And there are lots of new people (just like me :joy:)

• Like 2

Welcome back!

The forum is being really active lately.

There are two threads where we discuss all rumors and talk about all the news we get to hear:

https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-registered-coldplay-songs.121784/

https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/lp8-thread.110824/

And there are lots of new people (just like me :joy:)

Thanks Frank

• Like 2

Essentially here's what we know:

-We've been told by their manger Dave Holmes they won't be touring again until at least 2021, and that they are under contract for a couple more albums

-The band have been spotted together in roughly week intervals at the Bakery a few times, starting last December

-They've been recording music in recent months in both LA and London (and presumably individually/remotely)

-Mat Whitecross (long time associate with the band and filmmaker) said Coldplay are "hatching" something

No one really knows the timetable at this point for a release, but Chris said they are going to be "full of surprises" at the end of their last show in November 2017. Therefore, they could release something tomorrow, or next summer, or not until 2021...who knows.

But they are definitely working on something, and Dave Holmes said they will take their time as they need to come back with something "really special".

But I would be very shocked if we didn't see something from the band between now and the end of 2020... especially with Glastonbury 50 next year and the fact they have clearly been working quite a bit lately.

A mid-late 2020 release, with some festival dates next summer perhaps, followed by a larger tour in 2021 seems like the most logical and likely scenario.

• Like 1

Maybe it is not a direct/useful information, but sth. possible. Here is how I feel:

Glastonbury 50th,seems gaining momentum now... wish there could be more light/love on humanity and "togetherness" ~ as an echoing/recurring from, like the 60s. As Global Citizen Festival (related efforts from Chris and Co. for Humanity/Charity in general) is going on~ I feel there could be quite a few "hands-shaking" moments/events between the older and younger generations of musicians/poets etc., such as what I've seen during the talk given by Donovan at the 10th Anniversaty of How the Light Gets In Festival this summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you think they will do Glastonbury 50th? On the one hand it’s their ‘spiritual home’ and Chris even played at Michael Eavis’s 80th Birthday. But they’d want to have substantial new material...

Do you think the ‘surprises’ mentioned could be a Los Unidades album with more collaborations. He did say he’d be surprised if Coldplay made another conventional album?

Great recap @Zero Theory.

RE: "-Mat Whitecross (long time associate with the band and filmmaker) said Coldplay are "hatching" something".

I feel this was before the Los Unidades news/music arrived - I would assume that is what he was referring to at the time of the 'hatching' quote - at least that's how I remember it.

It's almost Global Citizen Festival announcement time for the annual event in September (NYC).

My guesses are that there could be a Global Citizen EP-2 coming around those times from the Los Unidades brand, as it seems to be closely coupled - at this point.

But then again, some of us thought Amazing Day was a Global Citizen-Only thing at the time... So who knows.

• Like 1

Great recap @Zero Theory.

RE: "-Mat Whitecross (long time associate with the band and filmmaker) said Coldplay are "hatching" something".

I feel this was before the Los Unidades news/music arrived - I would assume that is what he was referring to at the time of the 'hatching' quote - at least that's how I remember it.

It's almost Global Citizen Festival announcement time for the annual event in September (NYC).

My guesses are that there could be a Global Citizen EP-2 coming around those times from the Los Unidades brand, as it seems to be closely coupled - at this point.

But then again, some of us thought Amazing Day was a Global Citizen-Only thing at the time... So who knows.

It's very possible, but I was always under the impression that Los Unidades was strictly something that gave Chris more creative freedom and control, specifically for Global Citizen, with the rest of the band contributing very minimally. I feel like it's more of an ownership/copyright thing rather than a full-on new project for Coldplay, in order to give Chris some extra freedom while still involving the band somehow if they want to be involved.

My guess is Chris wrote and fleshed out those songs with Pharell, Stormzy, all the other features, etc, then maybe emailed the track to Will/Jonny/Guy to add a drum or guitar or bass line.

I think anytime the 4 members are together in a studio for a week at a time, it's strictly Coldplay. Los Unidades probably did not involve the 4 members in a studio together, but rather something like Chris texting and saying "Hey Jonny, I'm doing this thing with Pharrell and Global Citizen, can you have a listen and see what you can do with it?" Then Jonny writes a guitar line and sends it back. Pure speculation, but that's what it felt like.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

since I been in here properly.

How is the forum going?

And what have COLDPLAY been up to lately?

Any rumours in new songs/album ?

Thanks

Simon

I think the AHFOD Documentary film released in late 2018 shall be one of the highlights/heart-touching reflection/inspiration during their "recharging/break-taking time"; but you probably didn't miss it at all, just in case~

Do you think they will do Glastonbury 50th? On the one hand it’s their ‘spiritual home’ and Chris even played at Michael Eavis’s 80th Birthday. But they’d want to have substantial new material...

Do you think the ‘surprises’ mentioned could be a Los Unidades album with more collaborations. He did say he’d be surprised if Coldplay made another conventional album?

I think it could be highly possible that they will show up in Glastonbury 50th :):heart::)