Welcome to Coldplaying!

By signing up you will receive access to the largest Coldplay fan site and hundreds of Coldplay downloads!

LP8 Thread

Discussion in 'Releases' started by yoyo2000, Nov 15, 2017.

Share This Page

?

Which one would you like the band to follow in the making of LP8?

Poll closed Feb 24, 2018.
  1. Electronic music

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Acoustic music

17 vote(s)
    43.6%
  3. Why not both?

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  1. yoyo2000

By:yoyo2000Nov 15, 2017
    I'm hyp
    Coldplayer

It's the end of a circle. A Head Full Of Dreams Era is officially over and the AHFODtour ends where it began in Buenos Aires.

Mobile Link: https://youtu.be/XmELYApWmCk

It's been a fun time in these two years. We had an LP, an EP, 17 new songs, almost two years of touring, 115 shows, a lot of confetti, lasers, pyro and xylobands.
    Now, it's time to start guessing the band's next step, as it seems that this tour created new ideas for a project in the near future. The signs of the band's latest interviews and the sound of some soundchecked unreleased songs show a drift towards more acoustic and stripped-back music, but given the fact that Chris mentioned in Paris that there is a new tour on the way in approximately 2-3 years part of the new material should be anthemic and dancy

Guessing that we are heading towards the release of an 8th LP.
    Welcome to the official LP8 thread!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  2. coldplaykb

By:coldplaykbNov 15, 2017
    The beat from my heart
    Coldplayer

Sad to see the AHFOD era come to an end, but it's very fitting that it's ending where it started. Can't wait to see what they do next!

cp3176 and Gsilva like this.
  3. 42JTR

By:42JTRNov 15, 2017
    Watching my life on the skyline
    Coldplayer

Wow, we'll be the first posts in this thread... Imagine how this thread will look like in 2-3 years? I wonder how I will look back upon this wonderful time of the AHFOD era, even though I hope they return more to their roots. I think they should take a real hiatus for at least 1-2 years before going into the studio again. They urgently need to re-evaluate the direction they want to go and where they want to be with the next album.

4. ISawSparks06

By:ISawSparks06Nov 15, 2017
    Livin' life in Technicolor
    Coldplayer

For the love of god boys, please return to the sound of your roots. Regardless, looking forward to the next year of updates, speculation, leaks, and high hopes with you all!

5. I ran away

By:I ran awayNov 15, 2017
    A Rush of Blood to X&Y
    Charity Donator Coldplayer

Am I the only one who feels the AHFOD Era is not over yet ?

The tour is ending today, but an Era comprises much more than just a tour.
    Live 2017 has not even been officially announced yet, let alone released. I doubt anyone would say Live 2003 was not part of the AROBTTH Era or Live 2014 not part of the GS Era.

To me the end of the Era will be when Live 2017 is released and done.

OdysseasTS, cp3176, Sophia M and 7 others like this.
  6. yoyo2000

By:yoyo2000Nov 15, 2017
    I'm hyp
    Coldplayer

That's true, but we'll have a break till this time comes so the era will be discontinued for a while. And speculations are the only way to fill this gap.

IsabelStreetz and cp3176 like this.
  7. coldplaykb

By:coldplaykbNov 15, 2017
    The beat from my heart
    Coldplayer

Yeah I forgot about Live 2017. I'm thinking it won't be released until mid December, but as soon as it's released, I think that will officially mark the end of the era.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Coldplaying mobile app

IsabelStreetz likes this.
  8. AMDB9

By:AMDB9Nov 15, 2017
    Staff Member Moderator Coldplayer

I'm feeling very nostalgic today. The AHFOD Era was my first era from beginning to end. I got into the band at the end of 2014, and they truly have changed my life. This era gave me my first concert and so many other great memories!
    I still remember that day in September, 2015 when pictures of the band in India surfaced. I couldn't stop shaking the whole day. The buildup to the album was unreal, and I remember like it was yesterday waking up at 1 AM to hear AOAL's release on the radio!
    I am so grateful to be here on Coldplaying and to have met other Coldplayers through here and just by chance in real life.
    Looking back, this era was one of great change in my life, and I am so happy the soundtrack was that of AHFOD and Coldplay.

I can't wait to see what Coldplay have in store for us in the future and in LP8! Even though the era is over, always remember to Believe in Love!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    OdysseasTS, Kdandur, Sophia M and 8 others like this.
  9. ColdplayingfromKansas

By:ColdplayingfromKansasNov 15, 2017
    Official Viva Fangirl
    Coldplayer

This is when the fun starts! The sloooow buildup as we gradually learn bits and pieces over the next few years. It's always a good time speculating--even if we tend to get a little antsy in the year leading up to an album drop (it seems so close! Yet we don't have a lot of concrete information! But we know something is coming! But we don't know when! Give us anything, Coldplay!) ;)

Then we get the first staticky recording or fuzzy picture with some potential song names, and the hype train really gets going.

I'm holding off switching into LP8 gear until after Live 2017 drops, but I'm looking forward to going crazy with you all again! :D

10. I ran away

By:I ran awayNov 16, 2017
    A Rush of Blood to X&Y

11. AMDB9

By:AMDB9Nov 16, 2017
    Staff Member Moderator Coldplayer

I love how he said "Everything is possible" because that reminded me of the end of the True Love video, which I believe was one of the first hints towards the AHFOD era!

12. yoyo2000

By:yoyo2000Nov 16, 2017
    I'm hyp
    Coldplayer

Yes and even the rainbow stylised letters was a hint to AHFOD

IcebatofvalikinRRBZ8 and AMDB9 like this.
  13. peixoto.vitor

By:peixoto.vitorNov 16, 2017
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Didn't the contract with parlophone ends at the 7th album? So, they are free now right?
    Bring Shoegaze Coldplay back!

14. Hedwig

By:HedwigNov 16, 2017
    A Head Full of Dreams
    Coldplayer

I am sad that this era is over since it was my first era when I was officially a fan and followed the band from beginning to end but your message made it all seem so exciting!:D I can't wait to experience this and see what Coldplay comes up with for LP8. :party::grinning:

15. yoyo2000

By:yoyo2000Nov 16, 2017
    I'm hyp
    Coldplayer

The only sure thing is that there will be plenty of collaborations again. Which isn't that bad, it depends on who these collaborators will be.

16. I ran away

By:I ran awayNov 16, 2017
    A Rush of Blood to X&Y

Listening to the cover of De Musica Ligera reminded me of how good they could be if they adopt a rockier sound again. I really hope they leave their dancy pop phase behind them now and do something wildly different for a change.

Nie, 42JTR, anacaren08 and 4 others like this.
  17. peixoto.vitor

By:peixoto.vitorNov 16, 2017
    New Coldplayer
    Coldplayer

Still haven't heard it. Is that good?

18. Zero Theory

By:Zero TheoryNov 17, 2017
    Up&Up
    Coldplayer

Coldplay could go in a million different directions for their next project because they are very versatile.

I think a great move would be try to create an album that is more about sound and atmosphere, and perhaps Chris tries different things with his voice. I really don't want them to imitate another band's move (as we are all sick of those accusations), but Radiohead did a similar thing with Kid A. Thom Yorke said he tried to create something where his voice was more of a sound and feeling than a lead vocal with defined lyrics.

Coldplay showed something like this with Midnight. Also I think the atmosphere of a song like X&Y has very strong visuals and a floatiness to it. I think Midnight and X&Y (I'm sure there are others) are songs that stick out to me like songs that would be great for when you're tripping on acid (not that I know what that feels like). Birds has that sort of feeling to it.

I guess it's hard to describe what I'm saying. But basically, I think Coldplay could create a great psychedelic/Tame Impala-ish album. Especially since Chris has become so spiritual lately. Lol

I guess the album X&Y was striving for something like this, but they never really got what they set out to achieve (even though I love the album).
    Hopefully we get something where Chris scales back his cheesy lyrics, and uses much more sparsity...

chrimas4, AMDB9, yoyo2000 and 2 others like this.
  19. Green Cap Man

By:Green Cap ManNov 17, 2017
    Careful where you stand
    Coldplayer

A Tame Impala-ish album would be too good to be true...

20. I ran away

By:I ran awayNov 17, 2017
    A Rush of Blood to X&Y

I think a psychedelic album was what we were all hoping for when we saw the AHFOD artwork and heard the AOAL riff for the first time. And then we got Stargate-ruined produced cheesy pop instead...