✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Okay, so i was going to use my amp on this cold shitty day..

Valleyboy

..As usual, i turned on my stereo and i was going to play along to the is this it album but then...

whenever i played the E string, this weird sound came out of my amp. it sounded like a crazy distortion, but it was insanely high. I turned off my amp, tuned my bass using an electric tuner (just to make sure that everything was okay with my bass) and turned on my amp again, but the weird sound kept coming out whenever i played the E string... and all the other strings were sounding as good as before, so i kind of thought there was something wrong with my bass, so i tried to plug it in my friend's amp and it worked just fine.

So hey, i'm guessing there's something wrong with my amp? I've been using it for about 3 months and it always worked great. hmm

You mean like, passive and active input? That's what's written on my amp's panel.

I always used the passive one and it always sounded ok.

But hey, what's that thing about -15db? i think i've read something about that before.

man i dont even know what passive and active are

they have passive/active inputs too? i thought it was just pickups that were like that

but yeah

well on my amp it says 0dB and -15dB

look on the 2nd page of one of my earlier threads on here

i forget the title but its like 3 rows down from the top

Whoa, Ryan is smart, i didn't know that he knew so much about amps. That's cool.

:cool:

anyway, hmmm.... I really couldn't say what this is. It COULD be a broken speaker, but I'm not at all sure. I'd recommend you do as you said and take it to the shop to see if they can suggest something.

Okay, so i was messing with my amp controls today and I kind of got rid of the noise when i removed all kinds of distortion. But whenever i turn on the distortion the E string noise comes back.

So maybe there's something wrong with my amp's distortion? I called my bass teacher and he told me that probably there was something wrong with the speakers (so ya, ryan was right), so yea, i'll follow ryan's advice and take my amp to this music store.

If it's just that one string, it might be possible that the string is buzzing against a fret or something, and you just can't hear it without the amp on.

Yea, but you see, i used my teacher's bass amp to see if everything was okay with my bass and it was working just fine. so there's something wrong with my amp for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
If it's just that one string' date=' it might be possible that the string is buzzing against a fret or something, and you just can't hear it without the amp on. :confused:[/quote']

I hear that when i hit the G string hardly without the amp...