May 16, 200521 yr I love him!!! Yay I'm going to see him too! Next Tuesday! :P :cool: I can't wait to see what whacky outfits he'll be wearing! :lol: :wink3: Well. I really don't know what else to say about the concert, other than BRING A CAMERA AND GET AS CLOSE TO THE FRONT AS YOU CAN!!! LOL. I really don't want to spoil it for you :lol: so we can talk more when you've been :cool: Rufus' voice and the whole performance just blew me away. The support act "Joan as Policewoman" was fantastic - what a voice, she gave me goosebumps!! She also turned out to be one of his backing singers. :D Cool cool :cool: Will do so! Gah I can't wait 1 more day! :rolleyes: :lol:
May 16, 200521 yr Wainwright comes from a distinctly musical family. His father is American folk-singer and humorist Loudon Wainwright III, and his mother is Canadian folk-singer and songwriter Kate McGarrigle. Born July 22, 1973 in Rhinebeck, New York, Rufus Wainwright grew up in Montreal, where his mother made her home after his parents separated when he was three and subsequently divorced. cont'd here http://www.glbtq.com/arts/wainwright_r.html
May 17, 200521 yr :surprised: His banner says "Miss Cambridge 2005" :lol: mwwahahahha....definitely he's gay! :cool:
May 17, 200521 yr ^ drummer & lead guitarist :lol: ^ Rufus and Jen, a backing singer, doing a little dance :D
May 17, 200521 yr :laugh1: Yeah. But seriously though, apart from the somewhat disturbing and wacky ending ( :uhoh: ) the gig was absolutely, heart-stopping.... it was fantastico. Rufus and the entire band were totally on top-form. He was charming, witty and sincere. And totally, totally camp! :lol:
May 17, 200521 yr i can bet for it!!! Rufus presentations are always cool!! I like the song that he sing with Sean Lennon and another guy in the tribute to John Lennon!!! aaah...the Across the Universe cover...AWESOME
May 18, 200521 yr :surprised: His banner says "Miss Cambridge 2005" :lol: :lol: :lol: I have those socks! :lol: Great pics hayley! His band are so funny! I love how they all get so involved in the whole parading around stage thing :lol:
May 18, 200521 yr LOL oh maaaan I'm seriously laughing here about the "Everything I have is pretty" moment. That's hilarious!! He really is the greatest entertainer :lol:
May 18, 200521 yr I know! It was so funny! :lol: He even did the gay hand flop! :lol: Gotta love the man! :lol:
May 18, 200521 yr Ahhh it's class....... when he skipped merrily onstage at the beginning I just wanted to hug him :lol: :lol: How good was Joan as Police Woman btw?!?! :cool:
May 18, 200521 yr Ah we missed most of her warm up set because my arsehole for a brother wanted to go to a pub first!! :dozey: We got there at 9:05 and she was nearly finished but it was so funny! There was someone up the very front who shouted something and she kinda started laughing to herself during the last song :lol: I loved his band! :lol:
May 18, 200521 yr YEAH!! The little lead guitarist guy was so adorable :lol: We were standing right in front of him :D Also.... the guy wearing a hat playing the double bass... hubba hubba :sombrero: The band were great. It wouldn't have been the same without them - they added to the total madness of the encore :dizzy2: I read somewhere that Joan used to go out with Jeff Buckley :thinking:.....kerazy!
May 18, 200521 yr Your av!! :lol: :lol: :P Yeah he was a great little mover! :cool: double bass guy....I can't remember what he looked like :thinking: off topic but :sombrero: always makes me want fajitas :lol: NO WAY! That's madness! Lucky biatch :lol: :P
May 18, 200521 yr ...passing comment... fajitas ...... *drooool* they're my favourite food ever :thumbsup:
May 19, 200521 yr Just been listening to beautiful child... "When i am older than all these goddamned hills And theres no reason for my mind to be still Oh, how ill feel like a beautiful child again Such a beautiful child again When i have finally found my room filled with toys Be banging on my crib excited with noise Oh, how ill feel like a beautiful child Such a beautiful child again And when theres nothing to gain Or bring me pain or pin the blame On you or myself And when they finally fall These wailing walls and burning crosses Gods twilight and all How ill feel like a beautiful child Such a beautiful child again" mmmm... this was AMAZING live :D sooo rockkkky :cool:
May 19, 200521 yr ...passing comment... fajitas ...... *drooool* they're my favourite food ever :thumbsup: fajitas!! hehehehe yeaah
Create an account or sign in to comment