🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

MIM or CIJ?

skellyjell

believe it or not the mexican teles are better than the japanese! definitly the mexican. i have one and it sounds amazing! the list goes 4esquire(not squire these are real and nice)3)japanese2)mexican1)and of course american

Ow ? I didn't know that ! :D I'm sorry than :)

But that's cool.

I've got 2 electric guitars I don't know from which countries they are.

But one is a Ibanez roadstar 2 series, it's a real rock guitar :)

And the other is a jazz guitar; 'Aria pro 2'

My bass is also an Ibanez. I'll look for the further name a time:)

Go for japanese. Definatly. By the way, I remember really wanting a thinline tele just like Jonny's just because Jonny used one. If you have your heart set on it then go for it but my advice is to look around a bit. There are some much nicer american teles cheaper than the one you want. What I'm saying is don't go for it just because Jonny plays one.

Go for japanese. Definatly. By the way' date=' I remember really wanting a thinline tele just like Jonny's just because Jonny used one. If you have your heart set on it then go for it but my advice is to look around a bit. There are some much nicer american teles cheaper than the one you want. What I'm saying is don't go for it just because Jonny plays one.[/quote']

Exactly! I only went out and got his whole rig because I loved his "sound" and "style" of playing. Not because I wanted to be just like him or that I thought he was the coolest guy on earth. You just have to find the sound that your looking for and go for it. But im not saying that copying someones sound or style isint a good place to start though.

I'm more of an acoustic player, but I have quite a few low end electrics. I'm looking to get rid of some of them and invest in a thinline to also get that "style" and "sound", and hopefully, evolve it into my own. Except I don't think I could work all those pedals and gadgets...wow. I have a little multi effects pedal that's already a handful.

I've looked for some info and it's probably gonna cost me around $1,400 bucks for a thinline. I reckon I could get it down to 1200 but its still a lot...

They say those nashville teles are nice as well.

But that thinline tone is freaking sick.

EDIT: That is $AUD

By the way would it be a bad idea to get one off the internet (eg ebay) I saw one for $1,000 there

Its not the fact that its thinline that makes the tone differ from any other tele. Its the pick ups on it. The thinline thing is mainly decoration but may make it resonate slighty more. Like I said, there are cheaper american teles with those same pick ups. Also, don't even think about ebay. That can get you into trouble. Go to your local guitar centre and ask them to order in what you want. Then at least its coming from the factory AND you can play it to see how it sounds and feels.

This is the Tele Duluxe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Telecaster_Deluxe

This shares the same type of pick-ups as the thinline. They're called humbuckers and they're rarely found on teles. This is what chris used on the last tour. This will get you the closest sound to the thinline, its american made and you can find them cheaper. They have a strange strat headstock but its still a tele. Thats just one example but there are quite a few about. The fender website will be able to tell you more.