✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's the fucking point in writing essays to do with opinion?

eff-exx

When the fact is that we have to follow what we're supposed to write. Not write what our real opinion is.

Or at least that's for me. For the topic of how the nation and authourities are supposed to deal with snatch thefts, I can't possibly write that I think the school needs to emphasize more on morality subjects. The more they emphasize, the more the students will just skip classes and hate it even more.

I hate essays that are so factual. I just do them because I have to, or I will lose marks.

How is it for you guys?

It's so annoying. In the vast majority of essays I have written I have been expected to base my opinion on what others have said previously, rather than simply writing in my own words. I simply had to say who I agreed with more, rather than doing my own analysis and research.

It doesn't help that the essays set have been written a million times before by other people in your position and also have been discussed to death amongst experts.

That was my experience anyway.

im 3yrs into law school and with our essays we're usually expected to put together all our research and reach our own conclusion using our information. but you're right, most of the time i cant help but feel that there is a right and wrong opinion and i spend most of my time trying to work out which is "right" rather than forming my own opinion. but with legal papers you can argue your way to a good mark using either side because there is usually a degree of subjectivity involved when you're looking at philosophical things (which is what all our essays tend to be about) rather than the black letter of the law.