✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Zodiac Symbolism of the Elephant, also seen on Chris Martins t-shirt during Madrid Concert

Sebastien

If any of you watched the live concert in Madrid you would have noticed a symbol on Chris Martins t-shirt. This my friends is the Burmese zodiac symbol of an animal. Which animal you may ask, the elephant. THINK ABOUT THE VIDEO PARADISE!

May I also bring to all of your attention that during the concert in Madrid, if you look closely, you will see a MX symbol on Chris Martins leg pants. The M and the X are joined together forming a symbol of it's own. This may also be a zodiac symbol for the constellation of Virgo. Could this be an explanation of what the "MX" on the backside of the album cover actually means or implies?

Have any of you heard of the Zodiac Butterfly, yet another symbol being used as a theme with this album?

My conclusion, there seems to be a connection to zodiac symbolism with this new album if you all take the time to check it out. ;)

Note: I was mistaken by the symbolism on his shirt, I was wrong on that one. I still have a notion that these symbols have some meaning behind them.

Art is not a secret code my friend. Before jumping to insults go on google and check up the Burmese zodiac and go watch the concert in Madrid and take a look. If you can rub two cents together you will see that it is THE SAME SYMBOL! You want to bet one million dollars on it? I won't lose!

Art is not a secret code my friend. Before jumping to insults go on google and check up the Burmese zodiac and go watch the concert in Madrid and take a look. If you can rub two cents together you will see that it is THE SAME SYMBOL! You want to bet one million dollars on it? I won't lose!

Please quote the part of my post where I insulted you. I certainly can't see where I did. I apologise if you thought that I did.

And the Burmese Zodiac wheel barely has any resemblance whatsoever. Certain push bike tires would have more resemblance.

You're looking for meaning where there isn't any. If any of the boys were inspired by zodiac, I think they would have said by now. None of the rhetoric or themes of the album deal with zodiacs at all.

You're clutching at straws.

Any ways... i put the information out there for you all to look and judge for yourself. The problem is that some people will think that "secret codes" are being given in art when it is simply art and expression, which is meant to be playful to the observer. Nobody throws something together with symbolism and have no meaning behind. If that is the case then it would not be art, just commercial crap. LOL I doubt Coldplay are not artists because they pretty much are in my opinion. I don't buy this "there was no meaning behind the album." If there was no meaning behind this album then it is an insult to their fans, which I doubt they would do that.

As for the shirt symbol, it does look different then what I was looking at. So you just won a million bucks. HA-HA-HA

By the way, what do elephants enjoy eating ( the stereotype), peanuts. Charlie Brown, Peanuts. So you see, art and the symbols used by artists are meant to be playful by the observer. It gets us all talking with one another, and maybe that is the whole point. You know, "Is there anybody out there?" LOL

I agree with Kiame. A butterfly (a real one or just symbolic) is a very common thing. Why would the butterfly be seen in the way of a zodiac sign?

And just out curiousity I googled your suggestion and the symbols I see there are not the same as the thing on Chris' shirt. I also had troubled seeing what Chris has on his shirt. You mean the little pink thingy? Care to show what it is on Chris' shirt and what symbol of the Burmese elephant you mean (since there's several)?

You have a million dollars? Because if someone takes that bet, you seem bound to loose! :P

[edit: Oh boy I was too late with replying, sorry, didn't read your last post yet!]

Any ways... i put the information out there for you all to look and judge for yourself. The problem is that some people will think that "secret codes" are being given in art when it is simply art and expression, which is meant to be playful to the observer. Nobody throws something together with symbolism and have no meaning behind.

And this paragraph defeats your whole theory.

EXACTLY. Coldplay have constructed imagery that means something and reflects their themes. Hence the alien spirals. Hence the butterflies. Hence the graffiti art.

All of those things are heavy themes in the music as well. So it makes sense.

Burmese Zodiacs... uhhh what? How are Zodiacs reflected in the music at all? They've got nothing to do with anything on the album. So why would Coldplay construct their artwork around something so irrelevent? Answer is: They haven't. You're drawing incorrect parallels.

Like I said earlier - I think you're clutching at straws. There is always one person on the forums trying to prove some obscure connection to something, and nine times out of ten they're wrong.

You're wrong here.

I still like it when people do it though, this speculating, because sometimes ... sometimes they are right!

Like Spike when he came up with the idea that Mylo Xyloto could be the new album name or when Lory said early 2011 that Rihanna might be featured in a Coldplay song.

[edit] About the virgo thing. The symbol for virgo is Virgo.gif and this is not a combination of M and X. Sure the little tail on the "m" can cross with the last leg of "m" but that doesn't make it "X"

Secondly, if the combination of M and X was supposed to make a symbol for Virgo, then why write it down the way they did? Having a capital M makes things complicated or just nothing to do with the Virgo symbol.