✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay photo press slide plate negative (Yellow French Single)

Contra4you

Good evening,

I have one question. And although I have bought from ebay the following:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/221060817459?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I know 60 € are a lot of money, but look at me, at that picture reminds me of this motif:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/83/273428888_89e082fde4.jpg

It is therefore the original negative of the Yello French promo.

I've made ​​a good deal?

Unfortunately I think these are fake.

One could easily take the source image jpeg, reverse the colours (and here convert it into black and white), and print it onto acetate.

I think that is what has happened here. The image on the CD has been processed to increase contrast and lose the detail in the dark areas. A genuine negative of the original photograph would not contain any postproduction, and yet this negative contains the same low level of detail and artificially raised contrast as the final image.

Edit: However, I can't be certain. But why would Parlophone / EMI ever send out 'promo' negatives of an image?

I think they're real, but they're definitely NOT the original photo negatives. They look like commercial press negatives. Probably used to mass produce magazine or press packet photos. Larger format negative used to make 8x10 or so adverts and promotional press material. I have a few color transparencies from the Afghan Whigs 'Black Love' release, and there isn't any company print on them. These do look like several pictures I have for Coldplay press packets. Would be neat to have, but at that price point, it's have to be something I'd personally like to hold on to. Don't think they'd generate much more $$ in the long run.