✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Baz Lurhman: Great Director or Just another twisted cinema m

punks united

I think the Romeo and Juliet version is original and different, but I didn't like it a lot. But Moulin Rouge... WOOOOOW!!! One of my fave movies.

It's full of colour, movement and energy. Great photography and editing. I LOVE it.

For me, he's a good director. YES! :D

I don't mind things which are different or eclectic, but Lurhman's presentations seem different for the sake of being different, not for a reason which I can see advancing the story.

Kubrick was always different, but it was always in towards the story. Lurhman's presentation, to me, takes away from the story he is trying to tell. For some people, his presenation my be part of the story, but I don't think it works out, in the end. In the end, his choices ended up taking away from the characters in Moulin Rouge, and that in turn midigated the love story.

I don't think there's a particular type of movie that I like ... I like all movies. The movies I've enjoyed the most this year are Return of the King, Mystic River, 21 Grams, Elf, Last Samurai, Master and Commander, Love Actually, In America, Lost In Translation ... pretty close to in that order.

I actually see a lot of movies. I think I've seen over 40 this year. I just like the whole experience of going to a movie ... seeing the end of product of so many people's works.

I tend to be kind of pretentious about them, though, which is sad considering I'm not involved in the business in any way.

What about you?