✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Possible Idea for a second Singles box set?

Ouch

Lately I've been thinking Coldplay needs to make a second singles box set to summarize and make available the last three great eras. Below is my detailed look into what the box set may include. I have no idea what the box design should be, but I imagine it to be humorous to make it black. I hope you like my hypothetical release of a second box set.

Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends

•This era should be the easiest to complete, with a good amount of b-side songs. There should be no need to include anything new.

•"Violet Hill"/"A Spell a Rebel Yell"

•"Viva La Viva"/"Death Will Never Conquer"

•"Lovers in Japan (Osaka Sun Mix)"/"Reign of Love" (The original single was the mix [included in Prospekt's March EP] and "Reign of Love" will have to be the likely b-side)

•"Lost!"/"(Some version of the song, either the [@],[+],[-], or [?] version)"

•"Strawberry Swing"/"(Most likely a mix or instrumental)"

Prospekt's March EP

•"Life in Technicolor ii"/"The Goldrush" (Makes sense to include this single)

Mylo Xyloto

•This should be a good idea to include new songs as the pressure of the era is now over, but I don't see that coming for some reason. I included remixes and live versions as likely contenders. "Moving to Mars" should be included to add incentive for this era of "no b-side songs")

•"Every Teardrop is a Waterfall"/"Major Minus" (It should be better to promote "Moving to Mars" as the b-side and stick "Major Minus" on the a-side with the single, to please fans)

•"Paradise"/"(Most likely a remix, live version seems likely as well)"

•"Charlie Brown"/"(Either a demo [for reasons of "Cartoon Heart" and "Cartoon Head"] , live, or remix version as the b-side)"

•"Princess of China (feat. Rihanna)"/"(The acoustic version is better to promote for fans, but most likely a remix will be decided)"

•"Hurts Like Heaven" (Intro most likely included per guide to the original single)/"Us Against the World (Live)" (The b-side is for reasons of the picturedisc, but a remix may be fine to promote)

•"Up in Flames" will most likely not be included for same reason "White Shadows" was not included in the last box set. They existed for radio play only.

•"Up with the Birds"/"U.F.O." will not be included either as it was intentionally a promotion release for the album during Record Store Day.

Ghost Stories

•I think making all the physical singles have etchings like the "Midnight" release would be cool enough to divert the lack of b-side songs (it's a unique idea), and bring in more people to buy the box set. It wouldn't be bad to include a new song or one of the bonus tracks, but it wouldn't fit well with the imaginary release details.

•"Magic"/"(Bird etching on b-side)"

•"Midnight"/"(Whale etching on b-side)" (They may include a remix or live version to differ it from the original pressing)

•"A Sky Full of Stars"/"(Globe etching on b-side)" (They may include a remix with the a-side. Most likely will not treat it like the EP version)

•"True Love"/"(Heart etching on b-side)"

•"Ink"/"(Either a new, unseen etching for the b-side, or a chance to promote a remix or live version. Or both.)"

Songs to Include That May Help Boost Reasons to Buy this Box Set:

•"Moving to Mars" (for the fans)

"...Car Kids..."

•"Lhuna (feat. Kylie Minogue)" (I don't know how it will fit in the VLVODAAHF singles, but it's a damn good song that deserves promotion again)

•"Atlas" or "Miracles" could be used to promote, but they belong only as stand-alone songs anyway, so it's a bad idea I don't want to see unfold

•"Christmas Lights" may be a seasonal song and seems weird to include, but the band seems proud of this song, being as excellent as it is

That's my big idea! I'm not sure if any of it is practical or reasonable, but this made sense in my head overall. It'd be cool to get this moving somewhere, but I'd love to know what you guys think of this big list. Is it good? Should certain things be changed or avoided? Should this even be made at all (haha)?

(PS: It'd be a great idea before the LP7 release, or maybe after? Idk.)

• Like 1