✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

best chat app for me to use?

johnlum

Hello,

I am looking for a chat application to implement it to my radio website. I don't have idea which to use or which is best. I came across RumbleTalk and Cbox but still looking for more options before I decide which to take.

Have in mind I want to be able to post youtube videos and charts into it and I also want to have option for design makeover.

Thanks!!

Why dont you just use Chatango.com...thats what me and my partners have been using for over 10 years now...the Mod capabilities are very good, banning people and words are a snap, you can add links etc and its 100% designable. I am a site owner and I also mod for 4 of my mates in their websites..and we all use it, never a problem HTH

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I tried it for a few days but I had problems with posting videos and managing my design with this site.

I made a lot of research in

finding a chatroom for my website. I used envolve for a

while till they closed up, pitty. I tried IRC but I truly did not like

the look and feel and the “mess” of text in there.

I had several points which are important to me.

– First I needed a chat that can be seen in mobile (all versions) so I

narrowed down the search for html5 chat room that look good on both

mobile and pc.

2 – I needed a custom design, I needed my background to be black or transparent. This was very hard to find (my site is dark).

3 – I do not like to install the chat in my server as this is high cpu and resource consumer. So I need a chat service.

4 – Lastly, I needed the ability to add youtube videos and upload files.

I have checked several chats and only 2 met my needs, RumbleTalk and Cbox.

I choose RumbleTalk finally as it can be integrated into my page and not only as toolbar.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I would not be so sure about that, because I tried that one and I had many major problems. Well basically RumbleTalk has everything what you mentioned just its much better optimized and you can do anything with your design. It is an amazing app.

I just wanted you know if anyone need a hand starting with this just send me a message. I became quite an expert in last weeks.

Staff is nice and application allows you to do just anything you want. That is why I am posting this here. If anyone need chat live application is really worth it.

Cheers!

2014_09_29_1223.jpg

• 6 months later...

I am a little bit confused here, so you mean personal one-on-one chat app for mobile phones (cell), right? not some plug-in application for PC website?

Skype is almost the earliest long standing software (mobile platform version seems good too) in this domain, with quite good audio/video qualities, and it is basically Free, unless the other/others don't have Skype and you want to reach their mobile/cell phones, which puts html chat in secondary for most users, I think.

As for mobile chat app, there is a one called Weixin (free), popular in my country or chinese people worldwide (some international friends like to use it too). Basically, it is a voice-mail communication (support cell-phone comm.,video-phone comm.,etc. one-one, or groupie exchange, easy connect to other internet platform/app. Html5 is really good in layout and lots of mobile app. developments have it for front-end/portal development, thus attracting download/fee payments etc.) for people in different locations nationalwide or worldwide; however, when it is released, so many people use it pervasively just as general calling, even putting traditional mobile phone usage as secondary, which has made the local comm. operation vendors. so worried as their revenue dropped sharply ever since. It does have an English version too.

Just notice that nowadays people spend more time on new generation phones rather than PC in personal time, therefore, it seems mobile app. attracts lots of resources/changes daily habit/life even :)

I would check out Rumbletalk (seems you've done quite a bit research and know all the points)...based on experiences, synchronized comm. is still perferred, such as in skype/traditional phone calls (or similar functions in new app.), as people are more engaged/attentive in the talk (esp. for important things to talk over), as if sitting in the same room. My friend in CA still calls me (fees are much more cheaper from her side) for important things (like 1 or 2 hours' talk) even when app. such as weixin has been popular.

• Like 1