✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Live 2016 DVD

During the Dallas show on August 27th Chris Martin had a special request for all the attendees. August 28th was Phil's 40th birthday so he requested everyone join the band in singing him happy birthday. During the C-stage performance Chris informed everyone that he would stop a Sky Full of Stars to bring Phil out onto the stage. Then he taught everyone how to "do the Phil". Doing the Phil is basically poking fun at how Phil constantly is tending to his beautiful hair. After a Sky Full of Stars is stopped, Phil is brought out, the entire audience does the Phil to embarrass him, he is sung happy birthday by the entire venue and something special was said by Chris after all of this. He told everyone thank you and that this moment would be the finale of the DVD. Not sure about you but it sounds to me he just confirmed a 2016 live DVD. I attended that night and took special notice to the amount of cameras being used and how some seemingly never were put on the big screens during the show. The 2012 live DVD was a combination of a few performances so it's likely that if there's a 2016 DVD it will be the same way. One other time that night Chris goofed up on a song and instead of saying start over he said "take 2". That could be a picky detail but typically that phrase is used in the world of film. Perhaps he knew that the footage of that night would end up on a DVD? I guess we'll have to see but all of this seems pretty promising.

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg

I think he was talking about a DVD they were giving Phil as a birthday present. At first I also though about a possible hint for Live 2016, but after hearing a few more times what he said, I came to the conclusion that it was just a DVD for Phil's birthday.

Yea I have been watching shows on Periscope. There does seem to be a lot of camera work. But that is also normal for shows with the complex video board footage bands use. It does explain why Chris makes them start songs over when he messes up. Most groups power through. Might be for the possible dvd. Also I know a lot of effort was put into the Rose Bowl international feed. I have read people that think that show wpuld be the dvds main location like Paris in 2012. Here's hoping for a cool dvd.

• Like 1

Also I know a lot of effort was put into the Rose Bowl international feed. I have read people that think that show wpuld be the dvds main location like Paris in 2012. Here's hoping for a cool dvd.

In 2009, U2 did a show at the Rose Bowl and streamed it live on YouTube. Then, they used the broadcast footage as the basis for a live DVD. Could Coldplay be doing the same thing?

Oh, and a live DVD/album doesn't necessarily need to include footage from one show. If you combine the film and album versions of Live 2012, they include footage from about 6 different shows, 3 of which were actually in 2011. ;) So an AHFOD tour DVD/album could be a compilation of multiple shows, which would give the band freedom to choose the individual performances that they like the most.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi everyoneee

I think this is the most accurate thread to post it

Is there anyone who knows if there was an information about the fact that Coldplay wanted to record a live dvd in e.g. Stade de France before the concert? Do they have to inform fans about it?

• Like 1