✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplayers for Social Justice

Car Kids

Hey folks,

As we know, compassion love and justice are cornerstone themes of Coldplays music and identity as a group. Thus, I felt this appropriate for the main “Coldplay” section of the forum. I don’t know cping like the back of my hand, so if it is deemed this thread should be moved somewhere else, it’s all good. 

anyways 

I was thinking with Coldplay’s public support of BLM and positive social change for African Americans. A lot of folks are calling these past few days seminal moments in the modern civil rights movement, and people are calling for influential people to lend their voice and spread the message that Black Lives Matter. I think it would be great to encourage Coldplay themselves to say something or share links to relevant organizations on social media. I commented on Guy’s Instagram since his account is smaller and seems most likely for him to see it. He also briefly shared an image of George Floyd on his insta story a couple days ago.

This is not me trying to guilt a band who have already been great allies!!! I simply think that fans and others would appreciate and be inspired by their give BLM some public support right now, considering the circumstances. I’ve seen similar sentiments in the comments of coldplays recent twitter posts, and I really love the tweets of awareness and encouragement posted by Coldplaying and ColdplayXtra. I believe that we as fans of this group all share a similar heart in that this bands music attracts people who believe in goodness and positivity. I encourage everyone to be vocal, whether online or in public or in the ballot box, about standing up for all people and tackling the many issues we still face as a country/countries and the world.  

thanks for reading ?? believe in love