✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Popularity...

avid_euphoria

Alright, now, to start off, Hey! I'm a "newbie". You can all call me Angely. Ok, so believe it or not about a week and a half ago, I had no type of interest in Coldplay. To me they were just that group that sang a weird song called Yellow! The sudden Blizzard in the Northeastern coast (US) meant no school and lathargism. So I'm channel surfing and I see this video that's called Clocks on MTV2, I decide to watch it. Right after the first verse, I was hooked. It was so amazing because the music and Chris' voice was so mesmerizing. I downloaded a few of their songs, loved them, and I just bought their CD.

I'm noticing that there has been a sudden growth in Coldplay popularity, do you think this is good or not, why?

:?:

Why have they been gaining popularity lately? Well, I think obviously since their latest cd has been out they've had a lot more media exposure. MTV is playing Clocks, they had their grammy performance, they've performed on vaious late night shows, and they are touring a lot as well. I've also noticed the radio here has been playing more Coldplay.

So yeah.. I would say that media exposure has helped them gain popularity.

oops...

And to answer if I think it's good or not..

Well of course I think it's excellent for the band. You can't ask for more.. they've had great reviews and great exposure.

Now on the other hand, my selfish side wants to have them all to myself and see them in small venues.. but.. that won't happen.

Hey Angela, thanks!

By the way, I asked if Coldplay becoming so popular is good or not because what tends to happen is, fans of bands who were nonmainstream tend to not like them once they hit mainstream. It's a sad thing. Let's hope that won't occur to Coldplay!

:? :P

my little secret

i agree with bozo about being selfish with the band. me friend and i like things that aren't popular. but everything we like always becomes popular. coldplay for instance=small venues would be nice, plus scalpers wouldn't rip fans off so bad (case in point, my tickets for chicago cost 72 bucks a pop). and you have all the great songs to yourself that mark little moments in life.

but on the other hand, i am glad more people are enjoying their music. they deserve all the credit they get. after all, they are the greatest band, at least in this generation.

-enid

Hey Angela, thanks!

By the way, I asked if Coldplay becoming so popular is good or not because what tends to happen is, fans of bands who were nonmainstream tend to not like them once they hit mainstream. It's a sad thing. Let's hope that won't occur to Coldplay!

:? :P

well i think its a good thing :shrug: thats all i can say really :shrug:

and coldplay playing in small venues doesnt seem like a good idea to me!