✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

WARNING - Chinese Proverbs (Comedy-> Not 2b taken serious

Guest DavidG

Man who run in front of car get tired. Man who run behind car get exhausted.

Foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ.

Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.

Man with one chopstick go hungry.

Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.

Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.

Baseball is wrong: man with four balls cannot walk.

Panties not best thing on earth! but next to best thing on earth.

War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.

Wife who put husband in doghouse soon find him in cat house.

Man who fight with wife all day get no piece at night.

It take many nails to build crib, but one screw to fill it.

Man who drive like hell, bound to get there.

Man who stand on toilet is high on pot.

Man who live in glass house should change clothes in basement.

Man who fish in other man's well often catch crabs.

Man who fart in church sit in own pew.

Crowded elevator smell different to midget.

Source: Yahoo.com - Search Comedy Chinese Proverbs

I think it is totally not Chinese Proverb if you ever know a little bit Chinese Philosophy....shallow people! whatever the purpose of this thread, even just for funny -- Don't fool and insult people!!!

^ I second that notion. I read a lot of books on Tao and Zen and Chinese Philosphy, and thought maybe someone else shared that interest. I was upset to learn it was done in a mockery. If you don't know anything about the subject, don't talk about it!

**girls are not happy

Confusious he say "No point looking for a cat in a darkened room, especially when the cat isn't there"

Think those words of wisdom can sum up this thread :)

PS for those with no clue (ie blond girls) it means "Don't go looking for problems, especially those that don't exist"

hmm, sorry if someone feels offending, cauze I am chinese and I like philosophy a lot, might be too sensitive/serious in this thread. And, the plain translation is just *funny* to me since it is totally forgetting the context (cultrue, history) stuff, thus making no sense or confused to foreigners and me as well.

but for the Happiness, waoooo, i was not aware of. it is not for here, but it might be true sometimes for girls, more irrational/emotional. I admit, boys.

But this one "War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left. "

Although most of the people don't want to admit/accept it, the crulty of the whole. In western, there also is "Fittest Survival" theory.

DJ: "No point looking for a BLACK cat in a darkened room, especially when the cat isn't there"

I think the original one has BLACK for emphasis...actually, i think it means we identify things from Relativity(i.e. if all the people are the same, no woman, no man :) or we can't differenciate things if we can only know the same part, or especially it is vain to look for objective Nothing with your subjective Must Something there - this part is for Subjective/Objective relation) In objective world, absoluteness doesn't exsit...

the thing with philosophy and religion is that each person takes their own view on a phrase or statement, look how many different christianity religions all sprung up from 1 bible purely down to different opinions on what God actually meant when he said "blah blah"...

I have tried to understand your last paragraph but i think your meaning got lost in translation :( Still prefer my idea to it tho...but then that's personal choice...the equivalent english saying is "Don't make a mountain out of a molehill"

Thanks! Actually, i am aware that after posting, maybe I need not exlain it. I mean I am not forcing, I am just sharing..and yes Travis also sings Yin and Yong:

I’d pray to God if there was heaven

But heaven seems so very far from here

And it all boils down to the same old thing

Just a yin and a yang or a couple of pipe dreams

On the other hand, undertanding is trying to avoid misunderstanding or even conflicts..western and eastern...free choice doesn't create any problems :)