✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is it wrong to drop a best friend?

chuckie

what would you do with a best friend of nine years that show's no interest in you what-so-ever? Even though you've tried everything to keep it together, they just don't seem to respond. I'm sick of being the one putting in all the effort. What do you think?? Advice??

hmm, I think i've given her enough space, i've tired to give her space for the last two weeks, she doesn't seem to want to talk. I just figure maybe i's time to let this go, she'll be moving to Newcastle uk at the end of next month. :/ thanks.

hmm' date=' I think i've given her enough space, i've tired to give her space for the last two weeks, she doesn't seem to want to talk. I just figure maybe i's time to let this go, she'll be moving to Newcastle uk at the end of next month. :/ thanks.[/quote']

hmmm I had a similar situation some years back. I let her go. I thought maybe just maybe this time (after we had a fight) she would come and talk to me first... but she never did. I guess the friendship meant more to me that it did to her. We never spoke again for about 3 years after that.. (that was 1994) she tried to commit suicide.. I went to visit her in the hospital and we tried to work things out after that... but I had a serious trust issue with her after that. We never were as close as we once were. I was hurt.. so, we still talk once and a while.. I havent spoken to her in about a year actually.. but we were never best friends again. She thought we were... but, I just couldn't... too much had happened. My advice... let them go. Maybe they will soon see the light and return.. if they dont, well.. I guess you werent as close as you thought. :embarrased: Sad, but true..

good luck.

Thanks. I guess I just needed to hear that. She always said we'd be best friends till we're old, but I can't believe it anymore. I can never believe ehr and what she tells me. Thanks again for the advice. It helps.

I just went through all of this. ANd just chill out and do your own thing. if they want to hang out they will call you. just have fun with your other friends, sometimes you not being there will make them realize just how much they want to hang out with you. I hope things work out better for you than they did for me.

i was in a similair situation but from the opposite side- i just had this friend that i think liked me alot more than i liked her, and when i moved school I didn't have as much time as before and I guess she wasn't my top priority... she was sort of strangelling me, and i kept trying to avoid her, there was no way telling her i don't want to be her friend because she kept saying how special i was- but it wasn't mutual... eventually we just sorta faded apart. I still see her sometimes and it's a bit akward

if they've drifted apart from you, then it's obviously for a reason - and if you're trying to work things out still and she/he still doesn't respond, then it's not meant to be, if it is then they'll realise afterwards and i guess you would see what happens then. personally i don't think it is wrong, seeming as you said you have done all you can to try work things out - if it's strangling your relationship and if it's taking too much energy out of you, and occupying way too much of your time, then yes, you should drop it, and if they do value the friendship and try to fix things later, then leave it up to them - you've done your best. hope things work out :cool:

thanks, basically i think i'm just going to leave her alone for a while. i mean, we haven't done much lately, and i think she's picked up someone to fill in for me. it's tough, but i know its the right thing.