✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Any Chinese buddies here~?or you have questions about China~

STEVESUI

coldplay_steph, I will recommend Beijing first,not just because it's our capital city.Its cultural relics and sense of nobleness(since it was the capital of many ancient dynasties)are always attractive even to we Chinese.Also Xi'an,Tianjin&so on are good choices for the same reason. We have the "most famous 5 mountains",which are really enjoyable in the middle part, and Guilin in GuangXi Province with very nice natural scenery~You can enjoy the best food on the planet in Shanghai or Chongqing(very spicy~~) or anywhere else~ Actually I haven't been to many places in our country,so that's what I can give you~~

hippidamiI dunno how many communist we have here, but I can tell you that the number of Chinese who believe in Marxism is small. Maybe the reality is much more cruel than the theory.(I believe in Marxism~~) The number of the Party member given by the government is near 70 million, and small part of them are real Marxism or Communism.Maybe most of us don't have hope in Communism,but we have hope in our country~ :smug: :smug:

I like China, I love your food, I'm happy to see, that such a big state can grow so fast to an economically international accredited country.

But to be honest I wouldn't have high hopes in a police state full of censorship, oppression and disregard of human rights... sorry!

edit: to summarize my thoughts:

I love your culture, your people, your cities - but I hate your government, your laws, your politicians!

winnie, I think that's the misunderstanding.....

I've got to admit that censorship, oppression and disregard of human rights can be found here, but not "full of".... in most places,China is a peaceful country.

Actually the key point is that we are not well developed,but not the fault of A government or some people...this is hard to explain...

I know that the One-Party system is weird to you,but it's developing and improving...

Believe me,what i said is true and thanks for your question~

:stunned: Wow....compared to most people i know my age, you guys know a lot about the world/politics etc! It almost makes me feel ignorant to other cultures. I think i'll come on these international threads more often, it teaches me so much every time i read here, i find it really interesting! :)

Ok, Steve!!

(I'm with a dictionary of english spanish...lol, I'm trying to improve it ~like you~)

No problem, I'll try to express it in a different way!

I've heard about Chinese people that you are always working so much hours and the job for us is a very important thing. Is this true or it's only a rumour?

The italian scientist, your words are definetly true,and the main purpose of the government's job is to solve the problem of those great contradictions~

Love_Coldplay, it's really hard to answer that question~you know that China is such a big country that things are always very very very complicated here.Just like whatThe italian scientist said, great contradictions exist in our society.Some poor people do a lot of hard work to earn a living and suffering the risk of unemployment while some rich ones don't have to work that hard and will get a high pay~In recent years, our government has put out a slogan or as well as a purpose of their future work"to build a harmonic society". What they are trying to do is to solve the contradiction and make the society a more harmonic one~but that'll be really hard and take time~everything seems so hard in such a big country.... :(

The italian scientist, it's true~ but it's really hard to finish that in a short time. what we are doing is just to balance the need of development with the society fairness. All these problems is due to that we went an absolutely different history way from Western countries, and we are DEVELOPING.

Trust me, we will give a wonderful Olympic by the year 2008. we are totally confident.

:smug:

This is not a small contradiction... thta's the reason of a big struggle between many of European countries and China' date=' especially after the admission of China in the WTO... I hope that political and social situation in China will change before the Olympics...[/quote']

Yeah! Especially the textile-manufacturers in southern Italy or in Spain are suffering from the low prices of chinese textiles! In my opinion, the EU should have stick to the import-quotas of chinese textile-products, because I don't think, european countries should suffer because of unfairly underpaid workers in China.

But if EU decide to block Chinese textile-products,that means that millions of Chinese workers will face the fate of unemployment.They are already low paid,if they lose their job,that'll cause great unstableness to the society and of course it will give a strong strike to the Chinese textile industry. So both sides have difficulties.....That's hard.... :confused:

But if EU decide to block Chinese textile-products' date='that means that millions of Chinese workers will face the fate of unemployment.They are already low paid,if they lose their job,that'll cause great unstableness to the society and of course it will give a strong strike to the Chinese textile industry. So both sides have difficulties.....That's hard.... :confused:[/quote']

You know, if EU decided what winnie has prospected, Chinese government should make truly innovating reforms...