🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No - it's "superhero" Gordon Brown!!

mc_squared

Brown turned into 'Captain Britain' superhero in new Marvel comic

By Daily Mail Reporter

Last updated at 12:33 PM on 02nd June 2008

article-0-0174B26600000578-523_233x423.jpg Need A Hero: Gordon Brown comes to the rescue in a new comic book Captain Britain

Gordon Brown has been turned into an alien-bashing hero in a new American comic.

In real-life, he's struggling to keep control of his own party while the UK faces an economic crisis.

But in the Marvel comic book 'Captain Britain and MI13', he's helping protect the planet from an evil green-skinned ET race known as 'The Skrulls'.

In the scenes, the Prime Minister is seen discussing the invasion with super-hero 'Captain Britain' and operatives of fictional British intelligence agency 'MI13'.

He tells them: 'All British super heroes now work for MI13. Like it or not.'

Mr Brown is forced to take drastic action after discovering a number of Cabinet Members, including the Home Secretary, are really aliens in disguise.

The comic's British writer Paul Cornell said: 'I'm quite a fan of Gordon Brown.

'I'm pleased we've given him a PR boost on both sides of the Atlantic and around the world.

'I feel quite sorry for him, so I'm glad I've contributed a bit.'

article-0-0174B26D00000578-780_468x740.jpg Saviour: Brown helps protect the planet from an evil green-skinned ET race known as 'The Skrulls'

In the comic, the Prime Minister is confused by the Skrulls massing in the Cheviot Hills.

He says: 'Odd choice. Nothing of strategic value nearby' because he does not realise the area is home to an ancient supernatural power.

Once he does, he immediately sends the team to defend the location. And, before they leave, he orders a female superhero called 'Spitfire' to join them.

Mr Cornwell adds: 'I specified the character had to look like him. Our artist Leonard Kirk did a brilliant job.

'You never see the Cabinet members involved. I'll leave that to people's imaginations.'

article-0-0174B26A00000578-866_468x749.jpg Alien Invasion: Cabinet ministers in the book are aliens called 'Skrulls'