Jump to content

FLY News?


Recommended Posts

TV presenter has severe asthma attack live on air after swallowing a mosquito



By Mail Foreign Service

Last updated at 8:52 AM on 23rd July 2010




A Taiwanese TV presenter had a severe asthma attack live on air after a mosquito flew into her mouth and bit her.

Huang Ching had to be hospitalised after she swallowed the insect, which then got stuck in her windpipe while she was reading the news.

The news anchor gamely continued with the broadcast despite the incident but executives from China Television Co decided to take her off air so she could get help.

They put on a four-minute advert and a replacement presenter was brought in to carry on with the broadcast.


Huang spent the following day in hospital after the incident.


'I never expected a mosquito to have such a great power. It really gave me a bad day,' she said.


article-1296905-0A89CABE000005DC-324_468x318.jpg On-air emergency: The mosquito can be seen flying into Huang Ching's mouth as she's live on air




article-1296905-0A89C9E7000005DC-720_468x343.jpg Uh-oh: The mosquito gets lodged in the presenter's throat while she reads the news



article-1296905-0A89CA08000005DC-174_468x520.jpg Huang spent a day in hospital after the incident


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...