✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I'm beginning piano.

Jin256

Agree.

But they can be confusing sometimes, although I respect Kyle he's taking a ver looong way to explain things, but has a great hearing skills so his tutorials are quite percisive. gotitans999 is also a very good channel it belongs to a very skillful piano player. Or you can always watch single tutorials or just search on YouTube, there are a lot of them and I'm sure you'll find one appropiate to you.

gotitans999 is very very good, as is coldplayKB.

I often find just watching someone play the song with a good angle and video quality is enough to get to grips with a song. Eventually you will be able to juts listen to a song and learn how to play it yourself. Im getting to that stage now

Im tomahawk1505 on youtube, I hope to at somepoint make tutorials for each song Ive covered

• 1 month later...

I made one for Life is for Living:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2tGV9NaMfY&feature=channel_video_title]YouTube - ‪How to play Life is For Living - Coldplay on Piano‬‏[/ame]

And yes Coldplaykb is amazing, once you start to pick up reading sheet music, I highly recommend you guy some song books. It may take a while, right now I'm in my 3rd year of playing and I self taught myself over 5 Coldplay songs. So hang in there and take your time!

general non-coldplay-related music tips: If you have the money, do lessons for at least a few months, having a teacher teach you how to learn music is the best way to get good at it. Especially because they'll teach you really important stuff like phrasing, tempo, etc, which you can't do music properly without.

Sheet music starts out confusing but you'll be surprised if you practice every day how quickly your fingers start moving where they have to go. So learn to read it, because it's a real blessing for the 90% of the people that don't have a good enough ear to learn much of anything without it.

Practice a lot.

Tempo.

Also, never forget that you're playing music, you should always try to make it all expressive and shit. :nod:

Just pointers that I feel like I should give to people who start pianoing... I'm far from an expert but especially if you don't have lessons it can be easy to not do it the right way yanno. so yeah. :nice:

So far I've been taking piano lessons, probably for about two or three months now, and I'm kind of able to read music, but not really. But with your advice, I'll try to practice more, I've just been more interested in guitar.