✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rapper Wants to Work With Coldplay for Debut Album

NumbersGirl

Big K.R.I.T. Wants To Produce An Album For 8Ball & MJG; Desires Collaborations With Coldplay & Sharon Jones For Debut Album

Posted by William Ketchum on Thursday, April 28, 2011

1043239-big-krit-sxsw-2011-617-4091.jpg

At the Ann Arbor, Mich. stop of his Return of 4eva tour with Freddie Gibbs and Smoke DZA, Big K.R.I.T. expressed the desire to work with an assorted roster of musicians. While bucket list southern rap royalty like Bun B, Andre 3000 and Cee-Lo Green were named, the Mississippi emcee/producer also voiced another dream collaboration.

“8Ball & MJG,” Big K.R.I.T. said to TheWellVersed. “If I could produce a whole album by them, without me even rapping.”

He also expressed a desire to work with the likes of Sharon Jones and Coldplay for his Def Jam debut, but K.R.I.T.’s music is usually self-made, both with rhyming and producing. While his latest project Returnof4eva had notable guest appearances by Chamillionaire, David Banner, Ludacris, Bun B and Raheem Devaughn, last year’s “K.R.I.T. Wuz Here” had a minimal guest list. This is a big change of pace for other southern emcees like T.I., Young Jeezy, and Slim Thug who seemed to have notable names involved from a very early stage.

“I’m used to working by myself, because I’m the type of person to not like to work on a record and not be finished,” K.R.I.T. explains. “I have an understanding that when you feature a lot of people, they may not be able to come through because of their schedule. So then what do you do?”

Guest howyousawtheworld

Another rapper wants to collaborate with Coldplay?!

That said I'm not surprised. In a music poll done a couple of years back (think it was in the UK) fans of urban/r'n'b cited Coldplay as their favourite band. No doubt Chris Martin collab with Kanye West helped as well as Lost+ with Jay Z. Coldplay are also the most popular band amongst the black community in Britain which is brilliant showing how accessible their music is to people of all ages, race, ethnicity and probably religion as well. Coldplay should be really proud of that.