✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall - Will's chords

Jin256

At least I had it goin for two minutes haha, that's half the video! But thanks for the feedback though, I'm planing to do most of the Coldplay guitar parts on video, and I want to improve before posting up 70 shitty guitar videos.

i think the chords for "so you can hurt, hurt me bad" aren't quite right, LOVE THE WHEELY CHAIR SPIN, and the rest of the chords seem pretty good! Not quite there yet, but keep working on your ear and you'll get it! Great work on the strumming and chord changes as well.

Also, please check billy's thread about performing for my explanation about the QFT misunderstanding :D

know what? the chords? i'm not on the song right now, no need to learn it, so i do not know the chords at all, sorry...

the strumming pattern? yes i know it, but i cannot write it down... that is a thing you must hear and develop a feeling for it... it's all about rhythm and groove, never neglect that. (a lot of covers etc are lacking proper groove... they play the notes & so on, but the people don't feel it, that don't have the groove....)

btw: guys that really have the groove: simon philips (drums), pino palladino (bass), victor wooten (bass playing groove-god !), jd blair (drums), steve jordan (drums),....

No one is judging you and you shouldn't ask for feedback if you don't want to hear it. princesanji just said that there are lots of people who only play the chords and that your strumming pattern isn't correct (which is both true).

Could anyone explain why it's called Wills part? As far as I know, Will is playing drums on this song, or are there any insider-interview-informations (did anyone notice this great alliteration?) I don't know about?

Could anyone explain why it's called Wills part? As far as I know, Will is playing drums on this song, or are there any insider-interview-informations (did anyone notice this great alliteration?) I don't know about?

haha, you didn't watch any of the live concerts did you? :D

will plays both, guitar and drums. you can see him sitting at his drumset with the guitar. he puts it off later and plays the drums. the structure of the song allows that... i'm not sure if there's any A-guitar in the end, if so, he would use a looper from what he's played before

I was at Rock Am Ring ( it was raining so hard during Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, nobody was able to see anything :D), saw the Glastonbury- and the iTunes-Gig live but I never noticed that. Amazing :D

Yes, he uses a Loop-Effect, you can see (and hear) it @1:40 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB-GWZl1fVM]Coldplay - " Every Teardrop is a Waterfall " ( Mylo Xyloto ) HQ Live @ Rock am Ring Festival:Germany - YouTube[/ame]