✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Are people giving the album too much of a hard time due to the early debut of some songs?

Ccrules2791

Hey all! This is my first post real and first thread. I was just reading through some of the reviews and thinking about some of the reactions to the album. I was wondering if you guys thought that a lot of the more negative reaction is due to the fact that Coldplay debuted 4 - 5 songs during the summer.

I know personally I really enjoy Charlie Brown, HLH and ETIAW. And I admit it's hard to not think of them as "older" songs already because they've been live for a while. But at the same time, I think that some people may be giving the album a bit of a hard time for an unfair reason--already hearing some of the material.

I think that overall everything sounds great and was wondering what effect, if any, releasing some of the songs up early has had on the album.

Welcome, friend.

I dont think so.

I think actually the early debut helped the most traditional fans getting used to the different coldplay we're seeing. today we all (or the most) agree that at least HLH and CB are really good songs, but that's because the good performances in a row helped growing the appreciation inside the fans.

if we were now almost getting a brand new and virgin album, i'm almost sure the board would be hatting it very much, as if it was a huge 14-songed paradise if you know what i mean.

so the answer is no for me. i think the festivals helped boosting MX approval.